PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!! Need some advice

matt morgan
04-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Hi,
I have just moved my breeding pair for a planted community tank to a bb breeding tank.
They are both in the corner with pinched fins looking very stressed out and in shock :-( I have put a towel over the tank.

Is there anything else I can do to ensure they settle in well ?

Thanks in advance

Matt

TURQ64
04-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Are the water parameters the same between the tanks?.....

matt morgan
04-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Yeh identical. Used most of the water from the other tank :-). My discus haven't been netted much so I was wondering if it's just shock? And if so how long they should take to recuperate ?

Cheers

jimg
04-21-2011, 04:53 PM
make sure what the tank was cleaned with is all out. I cleaned a tank with ethanol one time and thought I rinsed it good enough....lost a beautiful pair of leopards ss in a matter of hours.

TURQ64
04-21-2011, 04:54 PM
If they came from the same water, they'll be fine in the morning..They'll calm down, and their slime will heal up, and all will be well...Gary

matt morgan
04-21-2011, 05:07 PM
If I'm honest they are looking better already, but they are swimming around doing crazy things such as swimming completely sideway on the bottom etc. Is this just them trying to establish there new surroundings?

When any of you run a bare bottom tank do you paint any of it so there are no reflections ?

Cheers again
Matt

TURQ64
04-21-2011, 05:19 PM
some paint, some don't.... I have both, so my fish are always 'wondering'...if there's a surface under the tank, I generally don't worry....

jimg
04-21-2011, 06:01 PM
same here. some painted some not. the only thing I ever see with the non painted is when they are new to the tank they will swim nose down or somewhat sideways at the bottom, then they get used to it in a couple of days