PDA

View Full Version : Agression Issues w/ BW

Hsunami
04-22-2011, 01:12 AM
So the 8 discus are about 1 week old, 2-3 inchs.

Everytime i smash some BW to the glass of the tank there is this 1 particular one that is very aggressive. He'll share for like 10 secs after its in the water than after that he'll start pecking/biting/nipple or whatever he is doing to anyone that comes close to the food. It was just 1 cube so i figure i'll throw in 2. Each cube is about 6 inchs apart from each other and that 1 fish is just running back and forth keeping everyone off of it but himself. Hes fat as hell too LOL OThers might get a small chance at a nipple then you can see him coming from the back zooming in and getting the others away. And its only with BW, flakes/pellets he'll do nothing but once that BW is in there o man, the greed sets in.

(P.S. Guess that one is addicted to your blackworm AL)

There anyway to handle this?

moon_knight1971
04-22-2011, 01:41 AM
there's always going to be a dominant one, a pecking order. I have a bunch of 3 inchers that always compete for food. Try putting 2 worm cones at opposite ends of the tank. he/she won't be able to guard both

Hsunami
04-22-2011, 01:51 AM
guess i can try that. I figured 6 inch was enough. So if they are near one and they get shooed away they will see the other one right next to it. Yea that one is almost to the point where he is going to end up being a tyrant in the tank. LOL but hes so beautiful considering he does take allll the food LOL.