PDA

View Full Version : Letter to NADA Membership

Larry Bugg
04-23-2011, 10:51 PM
This letter was emailed to the NADA membership. I wanted to share it here on Simply also.

NADA Update

Most of you are probably aware that over the last few days there has been some turmoil with the NADA BOD. I am sending you this letter to let you know that the BOD is taking the necessary steps to put this behind us and move forward.

Late Tuesday afternoon John Nicholson who was the President of NADA posted his resignation on the NADA forum and the Simplydiscus.com forum. A short time later we received the resignation of Jim Hall our Treasurer. This action took us all by surprise because there had been no discussion of any existing problems with the Board. Over the next 24 to 48 hours it became apparent that there were internal issues between John and Jim that caused both of the resignations. The remainder of the NADA BOD has remained intact and is committed to serving its members. According to the by-laws of NADA, as Vice President, I will now be taking on the position of President of NADA.

We are currently finalizing our sponsorship agreement with the ACA and Capital Cichlid Association and hope to have that completed in the next week or so. NADA will be providing a speaker for the ACA convention. We will also have a sponsors table set up where we will be able to promote our organization and the 2012 NADA Convention and Show.

I want to assure you that NADA and SEDE are committed to moving forward with the planning of our 2012 NADA Convention and Show which will be held in Atlanta on June 22 - 24, 2012. We hope to have our first fund raising raffle starting in the coming weeks. Keep a look out for these raffles. We will be raffling some very nice Discus and maybe some other surprises. You won't want to miss out on these opportunities.

In June the election cycle for our NADA officers and BOD comes up. We will have the following positions open for nominations, Vice President, Treasurer, and 3 BOD slots. Please start giving some serious consideration of who you think would make good candidates to fill these positions. Along with these openings we are also looking for someone with website production skills that can help us with our NADA site and forum and in particular with setting up the site for the raffles and Convention. If you know someone who has these skills please get in touch with me or any of the Board members so we can talk with them.

Again, I want to assure you that your BOD is hard at work and looking forward to the opportunities we have ahead of us to continue to promote this hobby that we all love. Please feel free to reach out to any of us if you have ideas, concerns or just want to talk a little discus. . If you can't sign on to the NADA forum or you have lost your password please send us an email

Larry Bugg

LizStreithorst
04-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Ah, so it's all John and Jim's fault. Something about that doesn't sound right to me.

roclement
04-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Ah, so it's all John and Jim's fault. Something about that doesn't sound right to me.

+1

Skip
04-24-2011, 03:50 PM
i am not sure where it is implied that there is fault somewhere..

if you are a NADA member, you have access to the message forum.. there are several pages on this topic.. it gives you a much clearer picture on this topic..

roundfishross
04-24-2011, 05:37 PM
I am not a member but my wife asked me this and it got me curious. shouldnt the stand in president have to run for re-election in june when the other positions are filled?

Jennie
04-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Skip..Liz was referencing the old blame game...not that it is/Was john and or Jims fault

Skip
04-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Skip..Liz was referencing the old blame game...not that it is/Was john and or Jims fault

GOT IT :) thanks.. was confused

yogi
04-24-2011, 08:12 PM
I am not a member but my wife asked me this and it got me curious. shouldnt the stand in president have to run for re-election in june when the other positions are filled?

The answer is no because not all positions are up in the same year. We have 4 officers and 6 board members, and they are staggered 2 year terms so the whole board doesn't turn over at once. This year there are 2 officer positions up for election, the VP and the treasure and 3 board seats. Next year in 2012 the other 2 officers are up for election and the other 3 board seats.

Also anyone who is a NADA member is more than welcome to go to the NADA forum and read all they can. If you can't login and your a member PM me and I'll reset your password. The answer might end up being similar to how much water do I change.

Larry Bugg
04-24-2011, 11:10 PM
NADA's by-laws call for the VP to take the role of the President for the remainder of his term which in this case is June of 2012. You can read the by-laws on the NADA website if you are interested in finding out more.

The intent of posting this letter was not to place any kind of blame but to give an update to let everyone know NADA is moving forward from this situation. As Skip said there has been more posted about all of this on the NADA forum and you are welcome to go there and check it out. If anyone has questions or concerns that they want to talk with me about you are welcome to send me an email or PM and I will get back to you. I am closing this thread.