PDA

View Full Version : male discus eating frys

face_tiger_bite
05-04-2011, 03:35 AM
i had a pair that just had free swimmers. just now i saw the big daddy trying to go at the frys while they're feeding on mamas side. mama would take a bite at daddy and he'll run in circle once then try to go at the frys again. is he eating the frys? should i move him?

MattV.
05-04-2011, 04:16 AM
watch closley because the male might just be gathering up fry that he thinks are getting too far from the group, then he should bring em back and spit em out eventually. if he really is eating them you could take him out if there are still plenty fry left, you could let it go w/both in there and take him out a bit earlier next spawn, or you could just let them try to figure it out a couple more times see if they figure it out on their own.

wendy9722
05-04-2011, 05:30 AM
watch closley because the male might just be gathering up fry that he thinks are getting too far from the group, then he should bring em back and spit em out eventually. if he really is eating them you could take him out if there are still plenty fry left, you could let it go w/both in there and take him out a bit earlier next spawn, or you could just let them try to figure it out a couple more times see if they figure it out on their own.

+1

face_tiger_bite
05-05-2011, 01:50 AM
I had moved the male. he was eating the frys and started to be very aggressive towards the female.