PDA

View Full Version : Did ya'll hear about the new drink named the Bin Laden?

John_Nicholson
05-04-2011, 05:54 PM
It is 2 shots and a splash of water....

-john

jarret8x
05-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Lol I couldn't help but laugh

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Keith Perkins
05-04-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm going to order one of those tomorrow night at the local watering hole...I'll post back the response. Good one John.

LizStreithorst
05-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Personally, I find it offensive.

Jennie
05-04-2011, 09:04 PM
well not much offends me..I thought it was humorous John.

Skip
05-04-2011, 09:13 PM
any chasers?

Keith Perkins
05-04-2011, 09:18 PM
any chasers?

LOL...I'm guessing tequila.

scottthomas
05-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Funny, but he he doesnt even deserve to have a drink named after him.

William Palumbo
05-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm drinking one now. I hold my glass high and make a toast to the 3000+ victims of 9/11. God bless their souls...Bill

Jennie
05-04-2011, 10:05 PM
te..kill..ya was funnier Keith

Keith Perkins
05-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Well, I didn't want to offend anyone Jennie.

Is that Guinness I see you drinking Bill?

William Palumbo
05-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Two shots of Gin, with a splash of seltzer!...Bill

Skip
05-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Two shots of Gin, with a splash of seltzer!...Bill

Gin Laden?

LizStreithorst
05-04-2011, 10:20 PM
OK,here's what I believe. After WWII the allies (us) gave the Jews a home land. They put it smack dab in the middle of their worst enemies. It's Biblical. The Muslems and Jews will never get along. It was easy then because it wasn't much land, had no valuable natural resources, and the Jews were not in our back yard. No one,it seems, wanted one in their back yard. Who knows why? Because we did this we have supported Isreal ever since.

Who can't figure out why the Muslims hate us?

Skip
05-04-2011, 10:24 PM

cuz i can eat pork.. and they can't ;)

wendy9722
05-04-2011, 10:39 PM
cuz i can eat pork.. and they can't ;)

lols

Keith Perkins
05-04-2011, 10:45 PM

What a beautiful job of stereotyping, talk about offensive.

LizStreithorst
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM

Please elaborate using quotes from what I posted.

Keith Perkins
05-04-2011, 11:33 PM

Please elaborate using quotes from what I posted.

Same information as I originally quoted. I'm fairly certain there are a good number of Muslims if not the majority that do not hate us. Especially given the fact many Americans these days are Muslim.

Jennie
05-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Let me, as is touchy for some..." After WWII the allies (us) gave the Jews a home land." .......we gave??? It was there land to begin with, yes?
"the Jews were not in our back yard" ......would that have been wrong if they were?

William Palumbo
05-04-2011, 11:52 PM
I don't know, or really care who hate us and/or why...bringing down the Towers was a blatant act of war, that I felt was no where near dealt with, by us, severe, or fast enough. The bottom line, is that POS orchestrated and was behind the 9/11 attacks, and now he is dead, 9 1/2 years too late in my book. If anyone is offended by this fact, then maybe they should re-think what country he or she should be living in...Bill

Keith Perkins
05-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Amen Bill. Well, at least from bringing down the Towers and everything after that.

LizStreithorst
05-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Let me, as is touchy for some..." After WWII the allies (us) gave the Jews a home land." .......we gave??? It was there land to begin with, yes?
"the Jews were not in our back yard" ......would that have been wrong if they were?

Once upon a time the Jews and Muslims lived in the same land. Then there was this big fight between two brothers. After a long time the Jews scattered to all parts of the globe. The Museums mostly stayed. It was a nomadic culture. There were a ton of Jews in Europe. Then Germany decided that they were bad and should all die. There was a big war. We won we gave the Jews who didn't have their own country what they now call Israel. The Muslims weren't pleased with that turn of events. At the time, there was nothing they could do about it. They were mostly bedouins. It's a bit different now with oil wealth and the development that comes with it.

Would I like a Jew in my back yard? Well, all people have to be judged individually, but YES! I don't know how to refer to them because they're more than a tribe, but not quite a race. Forgive me if I'm being reverse racist, but Jews I believe are more intelligent than your normal man off the street. At least that's true of the ones I know. Can you imagine having Einstein living in your back yard? I could go for that.

Skip
05-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Hey John.. Get me another one of them BIN LADEN drinks.. this thread is WAY TO FAR GONE for me to handle sober.. but make sure you use KOSHER SALT..

Second Hand Pat
05-05-2011, 12:19 AM
I think everyone needs 2 shots and a splash of water.

William Palumbo
05-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Hey John.. Get me another one of them BIN LADEN drinks.. this thread is WAY TO FAR GONE for me to handle sober.. but make sure you use KOSHER SALT..

I'll take another "Gin" Laden,... and I wash my hands with this thread...Bill

Second Hand Pat
05-05-2011, 12:26 AM
No more inebriated posts :(

AngryBird
05-05-2011, 12:29 AM
My guess. A moderator is going to post in this thread very soon :D

LizStreithorst
05-05-2011, 12:33 AM

I truely hope so. I've begged Brew to do just that. I want this to end. National policy has no place on a Discus forum. It's supposed to be all about the fish.

Skip
05-05-2011, 12:35 AM

+1

http://www.shinyshiny.tv/Time%20Bomb%20Clock.gif

puntific
05-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Forgive me if I'm being reverse racist, but Jews I believe are more intelligent than your normal man off the street.

Forgive you, yes, condone what you are saying... no... it's not reverse racist. Its just racist. Saying one race is better than another group IS RACIST.

(I'm also not that excited about giving Bin Ladin a drink.... )

LizStreithorst
05-05-2011, 01:32 AM
I never said that one race (or tribe) was BETTER than another. I do think that Jews as a group are smart. I think that Asians are, too. Better? Who said anything about being better?

Darrell Ward
05-05-2011, 01:50 AM
The hatred between Arabs and Jews is mostly about religion, and has been for centuries. In fact, more humans have been killed in the name of religion regardless of faith over the centuries than anything else. Makes no sense to me. I say live and let live. Don't bother me, and I won't bother you. I could care less about someone's religious faith.

Rex82
05-05-2011, 04:53 AM
Who really cares if someone is racist or not? I dont, My fish couldn't care. Adapt and overcome people.

Scribbles
05-05-2011, 05:36 AM
I love a good joke and while I know that no offense was intended I do believe that there are some subjects that should not be made fun of. The tragedy of 9/11 is one of them for me. I find it disrespectfull to all who lost their lives to an act of pure evil. There is nothing funny about it at all. JMO

Chris

ericatdallas
05-05-2011, 05:36 AM
I truely hope so. I've begged Brew to do just that. I want this to end. National policy has no place on a Discus forum. It's supposed to be all about the fish.

I truly hope not...

Off-topic discussions, jokes, and anything else you'd like to share with us!

Just because people are disagreeing, I don't think the topic should be locked/deleted. Now, if it gets beyond intelligent discourse into name calling I would say so...

I didn't find the original post/joke to be offensive, it was a bit insensitive, I still thought it was funny but then I'm probably a jerk.

scottthomas
05-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Once upon a time the Jews and Muslims lived in the same land. Then there was this big fight between two brothers. After a long time the Jews scattered to all parts of the globe.

Actually the Jews scattered (the diaspora) because they were run out by Romans. They were not living as brothers with Muslims.

We won we gave the Jews who didn't have their own country what they now call Israel.
Sort of incorrect here as well. Many Jews already were making Palistine their home long before the end of WWII. It was called Zionism.

It's a bit different now with oil wealth and the development that comes with it.
Israel does not have oil resources. If that is what you implied.

scottthomas
05-05-2011, 07:59 AM

Sorry, I just dont see what is so offensive here. People have different opinions and I for one am not offended by that. Its getting where people are offended anytime they hear something they dont agree with. Wasnt this thread about a simple joke that should only be offensive to those who supportone of history's greatest mass murderers? Maybe there should be a rule here: Everyone is allowed to write only the words: Nice Fish!

brewmaster15
05-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Goodmorning Everyone!

Hope everyone got a good nights sleep after all the action last night in this thread.. :) So where do I start here...please take this with a grain of salt as I haven't had my 3rd cup of coffee yet so not fully awake.

I have been asked to close this thread.. and no I am not going to do that at this point. Its been brought up in our moderator section as well and the conclusion is it may be a joke in poor taste to some, but it breaks no forum rules at this point.This Section of the forum is for anything that is not Discus related provided it breaks no forum rules. We get topics like these from time to time...They are hot button topics that generally appeal to peoples emotions surrounding Religion, Politics and Sexual preferences. Some Forums out there forbid members to bring these topics up due to the volatile nature of them. My Life would be easier if we did that here...but SimplyDiscus has not done that, instead what we do is rely on members to be Mature and intelligent and discuss things in a civil fashion..even things they have strong personal feelings on. If members are unable to do that and make the discussion into a personal argument, if it turns vulgar, or starts breaking forum rules...then we will moderate it accordingly. Ironically, I usually get alot of flack for making this forum a moderated forum....yet heres a clear case where we rely on members to moderate themselves and use sound judgement.Additionally, People do have free will as to what they plug into here as they do anywhere on the web.

What I don't like about this thread is the Racism aspects of...That has no place on the forum. No one race, people, religion faction is better, or smarter or deserves more rights than any other as far this forum or its administration is concerned. If anyone wants to discuss history in an open minded and civil fashion ...no problem, but lets show respect of all our members as we have members from the entire global community here.

Last note....and some perspective....Some have found the discussions about Bin Laden on this forum and I am sure else where to be offensive... keep in mind that what ever reasons led to the attack and to Bin Laden becoming what he was.... 3000 innocent people lost their lives that day....3000 empty places in our hearts... People forget how" lucky" we were that day...had the time of the attack been different it could have been higher than 10,000. Respect that...understand that. This issue is charged, and people deal with charged emotional issues different... Some cry, some raise their fist and vow revenge, some joke...some block it all out.

I'm not going to close this thread at this point but I am going to ask everyone to walk away from it, especially if it bothers you deeply in some way. The causes of the conflicts are very deep, and many bear the burden in getting the world to the point it is today... thats history...the past... Lets look to the future and move on.

thanks,
al

ericatdallas
05-05-2011, 08:39 AM
No one race, people, religion faction is better, or smarter or deserves more rights than any other as far this forum or its administration is concerned.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE! People who keep Discus are far superior to everyone else ;)

It's quite obvious and I would have one live in my backyard any time! Well... maybe next door.

Skip
05-05-2011, 08:46 AM
I TOTALLY DISAGREE! People who keep Discus are far superior to everyone else ;)

It's quite obvious and I would have one live in my backyard any time! Well... maybe next door.

at the TCA auction in Dallas.. i was surrounded by a bunch of African Cichlid people.. my Discus are WAY MORE Superior then those mongel fish they keep!

John_Nicholson
05-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Sorry for causing a fuss.....It was just a joke. I still think it is funny. I will keep my redneck views about the rest of the topics to myself.....Al has enough to worry about.....LOL.

-john

Skip
05-05-2011, 09:00 AM
john.. i got lots of postive responces to your joke.. when i posted it on my facebook! :)

Cambik
05-05-2011, 09:19 AM
John, Skip......it must be a Texas thing but I thought it was quite funny. Thanks for the Laugh.

terps
05-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Q: What's the last thing to go through Bin Laden's head?

A: An electric eel

A joke from Iowahawk. He's a great comedy writer.

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/iowahawkblog

ericatdallas
05-05-2011, 01:25 PM
electric eel? Okay, I'm running on like 3 hours sleep, you're going to have the explain that one to me.

terps
05-05-2011, 01:36 PM
electric eel? Okay, I'm running on like 3 hours sleep, you're going to have the explain that one to me.

He's buried at sea with a big hole in his head. Duh!

kaceyo
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Electric eels are freshwater, not salt. The joke may have gone better had you said "a hermit crab".

William Palumbo
05-05-2011, 01:53 PM
The last thing thru Bin Ladens head were bullets!...Bill

ericatdallas
05-05-2011, 01:58 PM
He's buried at sea with a big hole in his head. Duh!

Uhmm ok... :)

Electric eels are freshwater, not salt. The joke may have gone better had you said "a hermit crab".

Yeah, not so clever after all was it? :)

mikel
05-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Actually, I do have to add something, since we are allowed to discuss this issue..

1) Jews and Arabs (who were converted to Muslims since around 6oo CE) did live together. They had neighborly issues, but who didnt. Their conflicts are really much more modern.

2) Zionism, which began in the late 1800s under the ideas of nationalism and imperialism, gave rise to the desire to restore the ancient state of Israel (long destroyed by wars during ancient times, and the Hebrews, later jews, dispersed, enslaved, scattered but all the while maintaining their distinct monotheistic religion...from which Christianity and later Islam grew from)

3) To transplant Jews of Europe to this region called Palestine, for centuries inhabited by bedouin nomads who converted to Islam, is foolhardly. Of course there will be conflict...not only because of different religions, but more importantly, different life styles, cultural orientations and histories. The Jews of Europe are essentially Europeans, with all the attending cultural baggages of being European, while the Palestinians are Arabs, with all their attending cultural baggages too. They are hugely different. Forcing them now to live together would of course be a problematic proposition.

4) My final thought....since Nazi Germans commited so many atrocities, the Allies should have carved out a prosperous GERMAN province and mandate that the new Jewish homeland as a partial payment (war indemnity) for their awful crimes, guaranteed by the five permenant security council members who happened to be the victors of the war (too bad if the Germans dont like it....who told them to have a Hitler). Then, the holy cities of Jerusalem, Mekka, Medina, Bethleham etc etc should all be "open" city under UN control, and anyone with a valid passport can travel there and pay homages to whatever they like. The rest of Palestine should belong to the Palestinians.

JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION

scottthomas
05-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Nazi Germans commited so many atrocities, the Allies should have carved out a prosperous GERMAN province and mandate that the new Jewish homeland as a partial payment (war indemnity) for their awful crimes, guaran You argue that Arabs and Jews can not get along because they are so different culturally but also state that they lived along side each other with just "neighborly issues" until modern times. That is probably somewhat true. But, It can be argued that the reason many Jews wanted their own homeland was because they were culturally different from other Europeans. Anti-semitism was rampant throughout Europe and not just confined to Germany. At the end of WWII there were many Jews who were determined to create a nation from a portion of Palestine. While a good idea in hindsight, it probably would not have been popular with European Jews or the people of Gemany to carve up that nation (Germany). There were many who actually did want Germany carved up into smaller sections so as not to pose anther threat of war to the rest of Europe. Its too late now to go back and change things. Even if it was a poor decision to create Israel, still no reason for 9-11.

ericatdallas
05-05-2011, 04:10 PM
+1 to Scott. It doesn't matter what Osama bin Laden's motivation was... it's the way he went about expressing his beliefs.

By making a joke about a man's death, while distastefully funny is not the same thing as making a political statement condoning or condemning his actions.

mikel
05-05-2011, 07:30 PM
I do not condone anything terrorists do...they have absolutely no defensible position to do what they do. They are simply war criminals and need to be dealt with as such. My comment was addressed to the Israeli/Palestine problem. I agree that it's too late to divide up Germany, but I do not buy the point that the Germans would not have accepted it. They did divide Germany up to four pieces, and that was how West and East Germany were created during the Cold War. Given what they did, I do not quite frankly care what the post war German government or people feel about a Jewish state built on a part of their land. Germany was united by force under Bismarck anyway, and before 1871 did not even exist as a unified nation. Anyway, just my opinion and it's moot.

wendy9722
05-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Sorry for causing a fuss.....It was just a joke. I still think it is funny. I will keep my redneck views about the rest of the topics to myself.....Al has enough to worry about.....LOL.

-john

Its ok by me. I still think its funny and no offended by anyway!;)

nc0gnet0
05-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Where is John Lennon when you need him?

Dieselfool
05-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Where is John Lennon when you need him?

Not in the same place as Bin Laden I'm sure.