PDA

View Full Version : Do you know why 2 of my discus

Astolfo
05-06-2011, 04:02 PM
would be pecking the water pickup tube? the others don't do it, but these 2 spend a lot of time doing it.
TIA

John_Nicholson
05-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Yes.

-john

Northwoods Discus
05-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Probable breeding behavior.

roclement
05-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Yes.

-john

Oh John...! :)

Rodrigo

John_Nicholson
05-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Well he asked if we knew why.....LOL.

-john

Astolfo
05-06-2011, 04:48 PM
ok why?
if it is breeding behavior how do i facilitate it? what do I need to have in the tank?

DLock3d
05-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Well he asked if we knew why.....LOL.

-john

Smart ***. ha ha ha

John_Nicholson
05-06-2011, 04:53 PM
It is breeding behavior and at this point don't worry about it. Give them some time. If you decide to go though all of the headaches to try and breed discus spend some time with some quality discus books or go though the breeding section here. The basics would be a 29 gallon bare bottom tank, a sponge filter, relatively soft water, and patience.

-john

Astolfo
05-06-2011, 05:02 PM
time to read books.... is what i don't have dang it....
is there a short breeding discus for dummies? if so could i get a link/name :)

DLock3d
05-06-2011, 05:20 PM
It is breeding behavior and at this point don't worry about it. Give them some time. If you decide to go though all of the headaches to try and breed discus spend some time with some quality discus books or go though the breeding section here. The basics would be a 29 gallon bare bottom tank, a sponge filter, relatively soft water, and patience.

-john

See John, was that so hard?

Astolfo
05-06-2011, 05:36 PM
ok, i am like a kid with new toys... one of them is twitching, is this the male or female... i had a broken flower pot so i did put a couple of pieces. would this be ok or i have to get them a new pot?
LOL i was going to post "why one of them is twitching like if it had been electrocuted"

zchauvin
05-06-2011, 08:36 PM
ok, i am like a kid with new toys... one of them is twitching, is this the male or female... i had a broken flower pot so i did put a couple of pieces. would this be ok or i have to get them a new pot?
LOL i was going to post "why one of them is twitching like if it had been electrocuted"
Your discus has terrets and the other tried to peck cone to make him feel equal...

Altum Nut
05-06-2011, 09:04 PM

At this point in time, leave them alone and enjoy them. If and when you see the two love bird laying eggs somewhere in the tank and possibly see wigglers (hatched Eggs) only then will you have to take out a mortgage a buy a nice 20g or 29g home so they can start thier own family.
Note: A full flower pot or cone would be best set on one side of the tank.
Good luck,
...Ralph