PDA

View Full Version : Brunthose discus

Mike52
05-13-2011, 10:09 PM
I have recently purchased six fine discus and they doing well in a 55 gal bare bottom tank, all except for one thing> Every time I come close to the tank they all run and hide in the corner. What can I do to help them settle down? They do this at every feeding as well.

Skip
05-13-2011, 10:25 PM
leave them alone, its normal when they are stressed from move..

they just need time to settle down :)

Hsunami
05-13-2011, 10:38 PM
given something big to hide behind. Mine use 2 large sponge filters to hide when they are scared.

BlazednSleepy
05-14-2011, 02:57 AM
How would you like it if a humongous human started walking towards your window? lol

Just give it time and feed them and they will love you in no time.

Hsunami
05-14-2011, 03:06 AM
lol so true, mine use to be so scared when i would walk by now they don't even care. I get 1 inch to the glass now and they are like O its just him. LOL and they don't care. I just keep doing what i am doing everyday, whether it be walking past them, looking at them, doing maintenance with my hands in the tank and now they are just don't care. When its maintenance time they come over and peck at my hand thinking theres food and following my hand. Its hilarious.

Just give'em time and they'll adjust. Just no random BANGS AND BOOMS and they'll be fine.

PAR23
05-14-2011, 06:00 AM
I have recently purchased six fine discus and they doing well in a 55 gal bare bottom tank, all except for one thing> Every time I come close to the tank they all run and hide in the corner. What can I do to help them settle down? They do this at every feeding as well.

Also painting/covering the back and bottom will help them settle in.

twocat
05-14-2011, 07:29 AM
I added some driftwood and after a couple of days they calm down.

Mike52
05-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I will continue to work with them I was just concerned about them hurting themselves. Thanks again.