PDA

View Full Version : New 125GA Tank

farebox
05-22-2011, 02:26 AM
Just set an 125GA tank to house 12 discus, 6-8 sterba's cory , 20-25 cardinal tetra's. Keeping things simple, no high light, CO2, plants, just a few anubias nana, java fern attached to Manzanita driftwood. Used an sand type of substrate from the LFS that sold me the tank. So far the tank is up and running for an week, all good, using Fluval FX5 and a sponge filter. For now placed one B/N pleco, and seven discus in this from my 55GA planted tank. These are the first group of discus I got over a year ago and have not turned out so good as far as growth. My wife says keep them, but I know from reading on this forum they are stunted. Last week while in Houston, Tx.stopped by an discus dealer and got to see first hand some real quality fish, just amazing...I've been burned enough from buying online and getting something different from what is pictured or advertised. So I'm asking what would you do with these 7 discus after my new 125 gets cycled? Open for any suggestions other than setting up another tank for them.

Darrell Ward
05-22-2011, 02:49 AM
I would throw them out in the yard. Great fertilizer!

vera
05-22-2011, 03:12 AM
I would throw them out in the yard. Great fertilizer!
+10

Skip
05-22-2011, 05:21 AM
yep!! CULL.. :)
actually "SELL" them to a LFS.. and get store credit.. and use it for food :)

Cambik will be ordering fish in the next few weeks.. and i am going in on the order with him.. do you want in?!

strawberryblonde
05-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Definitely try to sell them to a local fish store, or trade them for food and supplies, and start fresh. Your wife will be amazed when she has quality discus in the tank to admire!

If you can't sell them to a store, try selling them locally to someone who wants to get started with discus and need some practice fish. I'm thinking craigslist would turn up some interested beginners.

farebox
05-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks all for replies, just will take to LFS for store credit or food.....
farebox