PDA

View Full Version : BACK IN THE GAME!!!

discusmurderer
05-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi to all, I am Back with a turq pair that i bought from a guy who hasnt bought from anyone in the country in years, he was breeding with stock that he bought ten years ago from a guy that imported from jack watley. i got this pair from his pet store, he had them in the store since last year November and they were two inches at the time and i was checking them over and over anytime i passed his store to see if any of them were spinning in circles or diying and none of them died . Two weeks ago he saw them laying in the lps and carried them home , they layed again and he was busy cleaning and did'nt notice there were fry swimming around and they ate them, i guess it was from all the cleaning. I bought them with the second batch of eggs , but when i got home with them and put the eggs in they ate them again. Now they layed friday at 5:00 pm so i am expecting wrigg. on Sunday 5:00pm. God Willing!!!Here is a vid of them and the eggs .. Should i clean out the bottom of the tank with a hose and no hands going in? or should i clean after the have hatched? Bye for now!!:):)

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i402/discusmurderer1/th_DSCI1803.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i402/discusmurderer1/?action=view&current=DSCI1803.mp4)

Elite Aquaria
05-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Clean the tank like normal.

vera
05-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Congrets DM , beautiful pair indeed !

Jennie
05-28-2011, 06:54 PM
im curious as to why one is looks to be headstanding DM... is it always like that?

vera
05-28-2011, 07:19 PM
hmm , could b just scared of lights , camera , DM ..

discusmurderer
05-28-2011, 07:22 PM
im curious as to why one is looks to be headstanding DM... is it always like that?

Hi!, J, She is not always like that, only wheni approach the aq fast. she is normal all the other times. BUT , i am checking on them to see if they have cryptobia. so far they are ok.

Disgirl
05-28-2011, 07:30 PM
WELCOME BACK DARYL!!! I have been wondering when you would return. Your new fish look great and I love the cone they have put eggs on:):). I wish you the best of luck with them this time, I know how hard you have worked for them and how many discus have not made it. Keep in touch and let us know how you and they do. How are things in Trinidad?
Barb:)

discusmurderer
05-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Things are fine Bard , i am trying again but my wife is saying in her mind ( she has never seen someone so stupid to throw away money like that) I can read her mind! After 15 years i know everything she is saying in her mind. things are fine down here, i am hoping this pair does not have cryptobia. and i hope they hatch and get to free swimming.