PDA

View Full Version : Is the Golden Age about to Arrive?

LizStreithorst
05-30-2011, 11:07 AM
The golden age of Discus keeping in the US, that is. Just look at what Kenny is bringing in!!! Look at what Kraig is bring in. Now if Hansie would get back to bring in those top quality Wilds there would be something to suit everyones taste.

I'd better start saving my pennies after I get done building the fish house. Suddenly the good stuff is becoming available to us.

zchauvin
05-30-2011, 11:15 AM
I have seen quite a few very nice fish. I haven't been around long enough to see the differences over the years and now but from the past few months I've seen some beautiful wild fish.

Darrell Ward
05-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I was saving my "pennies" to get a large group of those great wilds Hans was bringing in for my empty 300 gal., but now, nothing for a good while. Damn!

mmorris
05-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Look at what Kraig is bring in.

Hi Liz, I can't find recent pics of what Kraig is bringing in. Where did you see them?

zchauvin
05-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I was saving my "pennies" to get a large group of those great wilds Hans was bringing in for my empty 300 gal., but now, nothing for a good while. Damn!

Is it the rainy reason or whatever when they can't take in the fish or did I miss something that happened to Hans lol

LizStreithorst
05-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi Liz, I can't find recent pics of what Kraig is bringing in. Where did you see them?

God, I hate it when I'm STUPID. It isn't Kraig. It's Dan. Kraig did bring in some killer Angels, though. What a shame he had problems.

mmorris
05-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Well, Kraig is shipping again so hopefully he will have some updated pics for us soon.

LizStreithorst
05-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Hansie had to 'bout start from scratch after a pathogen was introduced into his tanks. No knowing where it came from. It's a risk that every importer has to take unless he buys from just one supplier and allows no one in his fish room. I'm waiting for just one top quality RSG myself for breeding purposes. But when a supplier gets wiped out it takes time to rebuild.

So many of these guys have suffered bad luck this year.

mmorris
05-30-2011, 11:55 AM
So many of these guys have suffered bad luck this year. Between my illness last fall and the awful water at my new house, I lost a LOT of adults. I'm trying to restock but...so many things come up...I'm hoping for a Golden Age! :)

LizStreithorst
05-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Between my illness last fall and the awful water at my new house, I lost a LOT of adults. I'm trying to restock but...so many things come up...I'm hoping for a Golden Age! :)

Did you get the water situation sorted, Martha?

mmorris
05-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Did you get the water situation sorted, Martha?

Relatively. The newest filtration media they gave me bounced the ph really high and I'm hoping we get that sorted soon.

DiscusKev
05-30-2011, 09:12 PM
I just saw what Kenny has brought in and they are perfect! Too bad it's not within the UK though but congrats to the US :)