PDA

View Full Version : White feces not eating

Joander123
06-02-2011, 10:36 AM
So I've recently received 5 wild discus from a reputable source, 3 are doing great and eating voracioisly, 1 isn't eating as well, seems a bit timid, but other than that appears normal, and 1 isn't eating at all, appears stressed, dark in color, along with white stringy feces, and a few white flecks on the body as well.. (I can get pictures if need be).

Anyways, I didn't quarantine these new fish before adding them to the display, but I had my reasons so i'm not really here to discus that... maybe I should also add that they're full grown fish 6" or so... they are wild caught as well, so maybe that's implied..

Its a 120 gallon planted showtank, with 50 cardinals and 10 corys, as well as the 5 discus. Im assuming I should remove the affected fish and treat him in a hospital tank (metro?) Just not sure what medication I should use and at what dosage. I have a fully cycled sponge filter I can use to set up the hospital tank, so that's good... should I also treat the fish that other than not eating much and being timid is pretty asymptonatic? Not sure if I should treat just the one fish or both fish... any help is appreciated ... let me know what you guys are thinking and if you need more info. Thanks!

Joander123
06-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Bump

atitagain
06-02-2011, 08:12 PM
I just used the search funtion and had a dozen that fit your description, just search poop

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?88314-Treatment-Help&highlight=poop

deepflyball
06-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Metro 400/10 gal temp 92 pluss for 10 days. This might be bad for the tetras and plants???? Jerry

Joander123
06-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Discus will be moved from the display so no worry on hurting discus or plants

Joander123
06-03-2011, 02:25 PM
went to order some metro from jehmco but they're all out of any reasonable hobbyist size (didn't need 500+ grams..)

i've got these tablets from jungle here called "parasite clear" that i had from when i used to keep discus, IIRC it's a mix of metro and prazi in a tablet.... should i go ahead and use these since they're on hand?

Joander123
06-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Bump.. anyone use that medication with success? Just don't want to waste my time if its no good... tried to search but didn't turn up much about it here at SD..

Joander123
06-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Also, 10 gallon hospital too small for an adult fish? Should I go out and snag a 20 gallon?

deepflyball
06-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Yes your tank is small,but how big is your fish????? i think he or she has hex. Thick stringy white poop, can be cured with metro 400/10 gal. I have found out that if not taken care of the fish will stop eating. Once it get to that point they are hard to save. jerry Joander123 you can still get the metro at foster and smiths. Good luck