PDA

View Full Version : worming and gill flukes

k3vinjam3s
06-06-2011, 04:51 AM
i understand from research done here that all fish live with a managable amount of internal parasites and the same with flukes and that treatment should be administered if symptoms become more severe. but how severe should they be?

i have a group of six discus all from 4-5inches and they are doing well so far. one of them is showing slight symptoms of gill flukes. it seems to be breathing a bit quicker than the rest and occassionly i see it breathing through one gill(though not all the time). it is still showing full colours and is shoaling and eating well. should i wait to see if the problem persists or gets worse. they are getting daily 50% water changes.

also what meds are better for this. i have kusuri wormer plus and waterlife sterazin. and if i were to use one of these how do i go about it while doing daily 50% water changes.

seanyuki
06-06-2011, 07:42 AM
The Kusuri should be able to get rid of the flukes.

Dosage:
Use 0.3g, or one level 0.5ml scoop (included), per 30 gallons (114 Litres) of aquarium water. This is designed as a one-off treatment, but may require a second dose after 4 days in heavy infestations, or using to cure gill flukes.

http://www.kusuri.co.uk/shopping.php?class_id=117

k3vinjam3s
06-06-2011, 10:52 AM
So how should I dose then while carrying out 50% daily water changes?

seanyuki
06-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Wipe the inside the tank with paper towels.......do a massive water change and add water conditioner and best to wait 45 minutes then add the Kusuri (Flubendazole).......after 24 hrs do another massive water change and monitor the health of the discus......just my 2 cents.

Discus Origins
06-06-2011, 11:38 AM
The Kusuri wormer plus gets rid of flukes? I've always used it for de-worming by adding in food and water, it hasn't gotten rid of the flukes for me. I usually hit them with Life Bearer Anti Fluke after deworming to rid the flukes.