PDA

View Full Version : FREE DISCUS

aagroves
06-09-2011, 09:40 PM
As the titles states free discus and I would like some. would anyone like to give me some free discus? ill be willing to pay for postage. Surely some discus breeders will have 1 or more (hehe) that they will want to give to me for free. I would mich appreciate it

THANK YOU
aagroves

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

this is a serious thread

Hsunami
06-09-2011, 10:04 PM
ROFL Most free discus that if you do receive will most like have problems. Then u'll be back here asking for help. THen people will tell you to buy meds then your gonna end up wasting money on bad free fish. . . .YOu might as well spend 100 dollars assuming each fish is like 15 dollars and be set with healthy stock. . . havn't seen anything free on this forum yet.

truc_tuyen
06-09-2011, 11:58 PM
or next time you will ask for diamond.

Skip
06-10-2011, 12:28 AM
i have 5 FREE!!! Tuna Discus for you.. $85 shipping.. i can have them to you by Saturday :)

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae302/skiptex/IMAG0590.jpg

aagroves
06-10-2011, 12:31 AM
$85 shipping. i think people underestermate how poor uni students actually are. and what good is tuna to me. i think i need to change the post and make it free postage aswell. this can be every1s good deed for the day... by giving me discus and shipping alll for freee =] =]

Skip
06-10-2011, 12:35 AM
$85 shipping. i think people underestermate how poor uni students actually are. and what good is tuna to me. i think i need to change the post and make it free postage aswell. this can be every1s good deed for the day... by giving me discus and shipping alll for freee =] =]

yea.. let me think about that.. hey. i am hungry. .where is that tuna !
http://socratesvotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/arnold_pot.jpg

Sean Buehrle
06-10-2011, 12:44 AM
i have 5 FREE!!! Tuna Discus for you.. $85 shipping.. i can have them to you by Saturday :)

That is hillarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fattubwhale
06-10-2011, 01:29 AM
That is hillarious

+1

kaffeene
06-10-2011, 02:16 AM
You might be better off phrasing it as: Hey, if anyone out there has culls they are willing to give away, you'd like to try your hand with the fish. Or something like that... Not even sure that would work, but might be worth a shot?

Hsunami
06-10-2011, 02:18 AM
ROFL! Skip omg you just made my day. LOL

and you know aagroves by also making it people ship it to you for free doesn't make your chances even better. Makes it worse actually. Do you know how expensive shipping is?

And plus if you are unable to afford discus we can bet you won't be able to support them. So you might as well get them 5 cans of discus tuna cause thats all those discus are gonna be good for if someone decides to give it to you for free.

This thread should just be locked cause this is ridiculous

Thras
06-10-2011, 07:08 AM
I would have to agree save UR money and someone will send u quality discus if u get them for free they could have something and people are trying to pawn them off on u so just save like I am and get good ones the discus here are at vary good prices shipping is what truly kills you

aagroves
06-11-2011, 03:17 AM
lol i actually keep discus myself im just wanting some becuase im buying a brand new 6ft fish tank that is going to be a discus tank. and its costing me a **** load. plus then i have to buy the filter and everything else.. this is so i have my breeding tank, then my grow out tank than my awesome tank

Hsunami
06-11-2011, 03:20 AM

So now you are having a 6feet tank built and buying lots of equipment and here you say that you are a poor student? LOL you don't seem very poor to me. Stop asking for hand outs and go away. Your comments are starting to contradict each other.

johnnathan
06-11-2011, 04:03 AM
nice tank setup with poor quality discus ? ? ? ? :confused::confused::confused:
lol i actually keep discus myself im just wanting some becuase im buying a brand new 6ft fish tank that is going to be a discus tank. and its costing me a **** load. plus then i have to buy the filter and everything else.. this is so i have my breeding tank, then my grow out tank than my awesome tank

Skip
06-11-2011, 09:44 AM
the discus should not be the part you want to get cheap..

get a 75gallon tank.. lots of room and lot cheaper then 6' tank

mmorris
06-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Shipping is expensive for the shippers too. They have to pay for items that are not factored into the price of shipping, like bags, rubber bands, bag buddies, oxygen, box, styro, gasoline...and it takes time. People who are capable of shipping discus aren't going to want to ship them without the sale, even if the hobbyist pays the shipping, unless there is some sort of marketing benefit. Weren't you going to contact Rod? Alternatively, you might want to find out if there are any discus breeders in your general area. You could buy some fry for relatively little and grow them out. Expect to have to travel some distance. It may cost more in the long run to do it that way, though. Good luck! And best of luck with your studies.

brewmaster15
06-11-2011, 11:32 AM
If I were short on cash and had a tank to fill with discus, I would look for something like This...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?88499-!!!!!MONSTER-SALE-ON-SMALL-DISCUS!!!!!!

Killer fish and at a price anyone can afford provided that they can afford the Hobby at all, IMO. I would seriously suggest you look for something like this.

Regards,
al

mastersdiscus
06-11-2011, 11:57 AM

Do you have any half eaten culls?

roundfishross
06-11-2011, 12:56 PM
If I were short on cash and had a tank to fill with discus, I would look for something like This...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?88499-!!!!!MONSTER-SALE-ON-SMALL-DISCUS!!!!!!

Killer fish and at a price anyone can afford provided that they can afford the Hobby at all, IMO. I would seriously suggest you look for something like this.

Regards,
al

THANKS AL!!! the compliment is really appreciated!

brewmaster15
06-11-2011, 01:04 PM
THANKS AL!!! the compliment is really appreciated! My pleasure Leo, Just calling it as I see it.... If I had seen that thread a few weeks ago...I'd have been all over it! :)

-al

aagroves
06-13-2011, 05:06 AM
the only reason im getting a 6ft tank is becuase im getting it extremly cheap becuase a family member of mine makes them. so i can afford it =] and yeah i contacted rod and im going to get some mad as fish off him once my 6ft is all set up. some of you guys a little bit to uptight to this

Skip
06-13-2011, 07:41 AM
the only reason im getting a 6ft tank is becuase im getting it extremly cheap becuase a family member of mine makes them. so i can afford it =] and yeah i contacted rod and im going to get some mad as fish off him once my 6ft is all set up. some of you guys a little bit to uptight to this

oh.. your in aussie land.. never mind.. i don't ship my TUNA discus international

decula
06-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Do you have any half eaten culls?

LMAO! Laffing my albacore off!!!

heheheheeh that was classic, masterdiscus

decula
06-13-2011, 07:15 PM
oh.. your in aussie land.. never mind.. i don't ship my TUNA discus international

LOL! A Skipper on a Tuna Discus boat.

ADIDAfD... All Day I Dream About *FREE* Discus

Gohans_Onna
06-14-2011, 10:38 PM
It's amazing what people say nowadays lol. Can I have a free house? A free car? While we're at it, why not just pay for everything. Seriously, I think it's mostly upsetting you even asked for free discus because these are beautiful, typically expensive fish, and people want to make a profit off them because of numerous reasons, two of which I'll list:

They want to know they are going to a GOOD home that they won't be abused in
It costs money to take care of discus and this is a way to make money to balance this

Like everyone said, at least go to a thread where someone is selling fry for cheap and buy those. I can promise you that you will never find free discus, even if they were culls. If you had a best friend I doubt they would hand them out for free. Lol, funny dude.

Rex82
06-14-2011, 10:55 PM
LOL..... I think Alyce was trying to be a bit sarcastic with this thread and it was taken seriously. The only reason i wouldn't give my culls away is because i dont want someone telling other people where tey got thier crappy discus, That and i would hate to see someone pass these on to unknowing newbies. The world doesn't need more crap discus getting around

hedut
06-14-2011, 11:21 PM
It's amazing what people say nowadays lol. Can I have a free house? A free car? While we're at it, why not just pay for everything. Seriously, I think it's mostly upsetting you even asked for free discus because these are beautiful, typically expensive fish, and people want to make a profit off them because of numerous reasons, two of which I'll list:

They want to know they are going to a GOOD home that they won't be abused in
It costs money to take care of discus and this is a way to make money to balance this

Like everyone said, at least go to a thread where someone is selling fry for cheap and buy those. I can promise you that you will never find free discus, even if they were culls. If you had a best friend I doubt they would hand them out for free. Lol, funny dude.

+1 no money no hobby no discus:)

Sean Buehrle
06-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Just stay in school and someday youll have a nice house a nice car a nice wife a nice kid some nice discus and a crapload of bills.

What are you taking in school? Hows it goin for you?

aagroves
06-17-2011, 02:26 AM
i dont go to school i go to uni. and i dont want a nice wife i want a nice hubby. hehe. i spose no1 has free discus for me so ill just save up more money and buy some nice ones off rod =]

Hsunami
06-17-2011, 02:28 AM
i spose no1 has free discus for me so ill just save up more money and buy some nice ones off rod =]

good. .. . .now your getting the picture. . .

guess some are slower than others but its ok, they eventually get the big picture

aagroves
06-17-2011, 04:29 AM
douch no1 on here can take a joke sighhh auzzie humour

Hsunami
06-17-2011, 04:45 AM
says the person who made the topic and kept going on about wanting free discus then asking for free shipping then contradicting yourself about saying you have no money but yet you have money to throw around on a big new tank and equipment. And kept asking for free discus. Then finally after 1 week realized "hey i should maybe save up money and buy discus cause no one is going to give them to me."

Just being real here

Rex82
06-17-2011, 06:27 AM
Lol....Sarcasm doesn't show all that well through a keyboard Alyce.

mastersdiscus
06-18-2011, 08:07 PM
LMAO! Laffing my albacore off!!!

heheheheeh that was classic, masterdiscus

Thanks for the half eaten culls. I notice they came in a little green and fuzzy. Will my UV take care of that?