PDA

View Full Version : SF Animal Control Commission seeks ban on goldfish

DiscusOnly
06-17-2011, 01:02 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/06/14/BA661JTO52.DTL#ixzz1PYNfueVR

One would think that there are other more important issues that they have on their plate.

Inland Empire Discus
06-17-2011, 01:06 PM
It is not just goldfish but all tropical fish and guppies. Totally ridiculous.

ZX10R
06-17-2011, 01:14 PM
WOW that is crazy

Northwoods Discus
06-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Animal rights activists crazies must own that town. If they only knew how well cared for our fish are.

decula
06-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Whats crazy here is that California is one of the states having severe problems
with state government income. What better way to fix it than put sales tax collecting
retailers out of business.

I would imagine that this will do more harm to animals. An underground
illegal market will spring up to replace anything they do away with.

Lenin
06-17-2011, 03:04 PM
What you don't understand is organizations like peta is not about making sure animals are treated humanely, is about animals being at the same levels as humans, now get this straight people come first then animals, they believe you should not have the right to own an animal in any way shape or form no matter how well you treat it, they believe you should not eat animals, forget about religions if you believe god made animals to serve us, is basic food chain, if they are hungry and is a carnivour they will eat you, it doesn't matter if I have a choice of eating something else I don't want to, and don't believe that you're a better human than me just because you choose not to, the diferrence is that I respect your choice.

Little bit of a rant I know.

Darrell Ward
06-17-2011, 03:39 PM
I highly doubt the proposal will go anywhere. It's just another delay and misdirect political tactic to temporary take the focus off serious, difficult issues that no one wants to deal with. Political leaders have taken this tactic to new levels in the past few years.

calihawker
06-19-2011, 12:15 AM
What you don't understand is organizations like peta is not about making sure animals are treated humanely, is about animals being at the same levels as humans, now get this straight people come first then animals, they believe you should not have the right to own an animal in any way shape or form no matter how well you treat it, they believe you should not eat animals, forget about religions if you believe god made animals to serve us, is basic food chain, if they are hungry and is a carnivour they will eat you, it doesn't matter if I have a choice of eating something else I don't want to, and don't believe that you're a better human than me just because you choose not to, the diferrence is that I respect your choice.

You want to see the ultimate in peta hypocrisy, check this out. I don't see how any lover of animals could support this group.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Steve

CajunAg
06-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Update: It looks like the ban is going to outlaw ALL ANIMALS AS PETS: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-goldfish-20110627,0,6881137.story

But, it is still ok to buy live animals to kill and eat for human consumption later. B/c that's not cruelty.

gravjack
06-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Animal rights activists crazies must own that town. If they only knew how well cared for our fish are.

Animal rights zealots aren't the only crazies in that town. I've even got a brother living nearby. lol

brewmaster15
07-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Oh boy... looks like I better start a "Pet Rock Forum" :) to be fair... I could also start one for the proponents of the law...maybe call it "Simply Rocks for Brains" :)
-al

ericatdallas
07-01-2011, 01:37 PM
It's all the same :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31xASCZTayL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41TxbRwRFTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

John_Nicholson
07-07-2011, 05:15 PM

Yep the animal rights folks are nuts...but they are slowing winning the war.

-john

ericatdallas
07-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Radicals serve their purpose... there has to be an extreme left and an extreme right for those in the middle to laugh at and feel we're sane.

We should redefine ourselves as "Aquatic Wildlife Conservation Society".

Mission Statement: "Dedicated to the conservation and preservation of aquatic species by globally dispersed micro-scale simulated environments devastated by global warming, human destruction of natural habitats, and overfishing."

We can be the Discus committee within the Amazonian Chapter :)

This way, we can say we're on the environmentalist side and call them fish-haters if they protest.