PDA

View Full Version : Getting new finnex filter anyone have these

matt2426
06-17-2011, 10:48 PM
My heaters that i have now are cheap elite heaters they just don't work like they use to i have them on full blast and they can only get my 125 gallon to 82 max i have 2 300wat heaters. So i just ordered 2 finnex titanium heaters from kens fish there 300 wats each anyone have any expericne with these thanks

Innivus
06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
I have two 200 W in my 65 right now - one is enough, the other is a backup. I have the one with the digital thermostat and it's been awesome. Only complaint is a very short cord.

TURQ64
06-20-2011, 04:34 PM
I have a half dozen of the 500w with controllers...One crapped out; shorted across the internal circuitboard.. So, don't even get the controller slightly wet..Other than that, they heat storage water just fine....

Justice
07-05-2011, 02:28 AM
I had one of my 300 watt finnex digital's freeze up today (btw second one in two months to fail) and i could not shut it off or change the temp i looked at my papers and it only has a 180 day warranty.

I was telling my cousin about it today over the phone and he said his 250 watt finnex digital shorted out and cracked itself and blew his living rooms breaker on Friday night, he has had his the same time as mine as we ordered them on the same order, It is sad that they did not even last a year so due to this I am removing my others and I am going back to just Jagers!