PDA

View Full Version : Cross question

prabuddhasarkar
06-20-2011, 03:58 AM
I want to know about one thing. What will the cross result of a pigeon blood female with either a blue diamond or a red melon male?

Imagine
06-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Cross will come a lot of pigeon blood and some blue turquoise, if cross with red melon, red melon base with PB genetic, same thing, fry come out a lot of black peppering

prabuddhasarkar
06-20-2011, 06:17 AM
What will be PB to PB cross? Will there also be pepperings?

roundfishross
06-20-2011, 08:27 AM
it depends on how clean th pb's are

nc0gnet0
06-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Do you have any pictures? Pigeon blood female to Red melon Male is your best option here.

prabuddhasarkar
06-21-2011, 01:01 AM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?88948-Egg-laying-help.
See the link, you will understand the thing. And due to that problem, I want to introduce a male which may be a melon, so asked.

Skip
06-21-2011, 01:06 AM
What will the cross result of a pigeon blood female with either a blue diamond or a red melon male?

ugly fish and VERY ugly fish

prabuddhasarkar
06-21-2011, 02:15 AM
Then what will be the best option? PB to PB? I have posted the picture, will they give good babies? And, if the problem persists and I have to go for another male, what will be the best choice?

Skip
06-21-2011, 07:39 AM
in my humble opinion.. stick to similar colors..

TURQ64
06-21-2011, 08:12 AM
It really all depends on your goals and what you want to try and accomplish with your breeding program...As mentioned, it's good to stick along color lines; red's with red's, blues with blues, pigeons with pigeons,etc..That said, it's best to try for fixed colors if selling the fry is your goal. When colors are indescriminately, the fry are difficult to sell. If the fry are for your own pleasure, then it isn't as important. If the fry will eventually ebnd up in the market, then linebreeding is more acceptable than downbreeding...JMO, Gary

Rex82
06-21-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm sure i see this question asked daily with the same answers everytime.

nc0gnet0
06-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by prabuddhasarkar
What will the cross result of a pigeon blood female with either a blue diamond or a red melon male?

ugly fish and VERY ugly fish

This is not neccesarily the case at all in regards to the red melon x PB cross (red melon is a PB btw).

These are the results of an albino red melon times mercury cross (only the oranges)

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss118/nc0gnet0/juve1.jpg

Both are pigion bloods, and not the same color (the parents ).

Skip
06-21-2011, 10:18 AM
This is not neccesarily the case at all in regards to the red melon x PB cross (red melon is a PB btw).

i am agree.. but i was refering to the PB/Blue Diamond cross.. :)

prabuddhasarkar
06-22-2011, 04:20 AM
Oh, thanks for all your ans. Sorry for late reply. According to the link you all can see that 2 of my PB have paired up and tried to spawn once, since then 1 month has passed, no sign. So I was thinking of introducing a confirmed male in the tank. So I asked what will the best ooption. By the way, the 2 PB s I have dosent have peppering or you can say it is very less. I hope they will breed and will give good babies. And I dont want to breed ugly fish, no matters whether I breeding from selling point of view or just for experience. Because nobody will take these ugly fishes and I wont be able to accommodate either, so they wont get good home, so....
Thanks.
Prabuddha Sarkar