PDA

View Full Version : Newbie One Year Later

farebox
06-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Well it's been one year now since I really started keeping discus fish. I've learned a lot from this forum and would like to say to everyone in the forum thanks....Now for the update, I just set up a 125GA biotope 3 weeks ago with 10 discus from my 55GA planted tank that have grown from the 2.5" to aprrox. 5" now. Two paired up and have spawned twice in the new tank, but the eggs only lasted two days,gone. As of today I have that pair spawned again on the breeding cone and another pair spawned on the filter intake tube.WOW!!! Right now I have two sets of eggs going in the same tank just inches apart.
I am going to let nature takes it's course for now and will not disturb this setting. I know there's a very little chance of wrigglers, but will wait and see for now. Just wanted to share this info and totally satisfied in my discus fish keeping abilities. Pics:http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb436/farebox/
Thanks,
farebox

discuspaul
06-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Sounds like you've come a long way in a year. Good for you - Congrats.
Have patience with your new paired spawners - at some point they'll get it right, and you'll have some wrigglers that will attach, and you can raise some fine discus.

Second Hand Pat
06-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Well done farebox. Any pictures of your new tank.

farebox
06-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Would like to add pic, don't know how yet, have macbook pro, tried but keep getting file to big.....

Second Hand Pat
06-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Upload the pictures on photobucket and create a link to the picture in your post.