PDA

View Full Version : Eheim Filter Fail (pic)

DonMD
06-26-2011, 09:39 AM
I decided to clean out my Eheim 2028 and hoses, spray bar, etc. Got everything apart, cleaned, ready to put back. I was placing the green hose back on the nib of the "double tap unit" when it broke.

I figured the stub was not reliable enough to use, and so to play it safe I decommissioned the filter until the new piece I ordered comes in. $42.00! Plus now I've only got one canister going on the 125G.

Anyone else have this problem? -Don

Darrell Ward
07-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Not sure exactly what a "double tap unit" actually does, but I'm pretty sure something that works just as well could be designed from ordinary off the shelf plumbing parts.

laborelch
07-01-2011, 08:12 PM
happened to me about a year ago on the 2028 as well :-(

DonMD
07-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Not sure exactly what a "double tap unit" actually does, but I'm pretty sure something that works just as well could be designed from ordinary off the shelf plumbing parts. Darrell, I'm not sure I could hook this up with off the shelf parts. It has to engage into the pump housing, and anyway since the tank's in the dining room I figured I'd better go with the original stuff.

happened to me about a year ago on the 2028 as well :-( Did you buy a replacement? I did, it's working now. I'll have to be careful when removing and re-attaching hoses to the plastic nibs.

laborelch
07-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Did you buy a replacement? I did, it's working now. I'll have to be careful when removing and re-attaching hoses to the plastic nibs.

claimed the part on warranty (Eheim Warranty dept folks are great) and bought an extra one to be safe (and for my second 2028)... I also added some extra slack in the hoses to avoid stress to the plastic nibs when cleaning the filters.