PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me calibrate my jager 300w (the new with blue dial and red ring)

southvietstar
06-28-2011, 11:53 PM
my tank temp is at 83 degree..i set my heater to 87 with the red ring at the middle...sometime the water feel warm and sometime it feel cooler..it is not accurate..can you show/tell me how to calibrate it? plz and thank you

discuspaul
06-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Do you have the set of instructions which came with that heater ? It's fairly clear on how to calibrate it.
Just do exactly what it says & it will work just fine. You just have to set the point on the heater right on the actual temp in your tank, and then dial in the temp you want to keep in your tank. If you don't follow what I'm saying - then re-read the instruction -you'll get it.

aalbina
06-29-2011, 07:00 AM
Sure - only rely on a good temperature reading from a thermometer in your tank. Using your hand to test temperature will not give you an accurate feel for temperature. If you're hot 85 degree water will feel cold - if your cold 85 degree will feel hot. Leave the heater in the water for several hours. Check the temperature of the water on your thermometer in the tank. If it says 83, turn the red ring (without turning the blue) to the temperature of the water - in this case 83. Done. Now turn the heater to the temp you want.

Adam