PDA

View Full Version : 2 Part Question Please reply

geodehunter
06-30-2011, 07:49 PM
#1- For the people that have backgrounds on your tanks (not 3D) what colors/pattern do you use?

#2- Bare bottom tanks. Do you paint the bottom of yours? If so what color.

Thanks, Robbie

Sean Buehrle
06-30-2011, 07:58 PM
I did paint the bottom of my last one and am glad i did, they look so much better and discus dont run into the bottom thinking they can go deeper. From now on ill make sure to paint the bottom.

I painted mine a white cream color but in the past have always used blue in one tint or another.

Heres a couple pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://tapatalk.com/mu/4badb28a-0d5e-0250.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/4badb28a-0d89-0351.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/4badb28a-0e3e-74d7.jpg

Bud Smith
06-30-2011, 08:01 PM
#1- For the people that have backgrounds on your tanks (not 3D) what colors/pattern do you use?

#2- Bare bottom tanks. Do you paint the bottom of yours? If so what color.

Thanks, Robbie
I have blue back ground but may change to a pastel color
I have nothing on my BB but if I ever move the tank I would do something with it - but it doesn't bother my discus the way it is

TURQ64
06-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Pastels are the norm; mine are white, tan, powder blue...many versions of what paint to use..I use latex enamel in flat colors..It'll peel off easy when you want to change up...Gary

richiethebing
06-30-2011, 08:27 PM
I like that blue tank how big is it?

LizStreithorst
06-30-2011, 08:29 PM
I paint the sides. I'm not crazy about the artificial look of back grounds.

I have always put a piece of blue styrofoam under my tanks, but no matter how hard you try to make every thing clean before you set the tank in place every piece of dirt that sneaks in will show. And if water gets under it from the occasional flood and there is a lot of natural light, algae will grow there! When I move my tanks to the fish room, I will paint my bottoms (tank bottoms, that is). Their is a spray paint that has texture to it. It comes in a light sand color. People say that it looks just like sand. It does not. Still, it's looks more natural than any alternative I've come across.

discolicious
06-30-2011, 10:01 PM
another option is to buy the stick on window treatments that can be bought in "shower" glass and other opaque patterns. They stick by static (not glue) and don't come off easily until you want to peel them off, then they are reusable. (Lowe's, Home Depot)

Sean Buehrle
06-30-2011, 11:23 PM
I like that blue tank how big is it?

That is a 55 gal tank, what you dont like my tacky flowers? LoL.

I like the lighting in that tank, its 1 actinic and 1 walmart auquarium plant bulb sold in the lightbulb aisle, not the pet section. The actinic came from petsmart on clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geodehunter
06-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Hey Sean, What size is the tank you painted white cream color? Inquring minds need to know. :thumbsup: Thanks for the replys everybody I greatly appreciate it. :)

Sean Buehrle
07-01-2011, 06:11 AM
Hey Sean, What size is the tank you painted white cream color? Inquring minds need to know. :thumbsup: Thanks for the replys everybody I greatly appreciate it. :)

Thats a 40 breeder and just so you know they are included in the 1 dollar per gallon sale at petco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk