PDA

View Full Version : Discus ate tissue?!

TwitchyDiscus
07-01-2011, 01:45 AM
So I was wiping my heater with a tissue and a small piece of the tissue fell in the tank. one of my discus ate it. What will happen? please help :(

strawberryblonde
07-01-2011, 02:37 AM
Welp, I guess it must have been small enough to fit in his mouth, and I'm assuming the tissue didn't have any chemicals on it since you were wiping the heater with it, right?

He should be fine. One of mine managed to snag a small piece of tin foil a month ago when I knocked it into the tank as I was popping a cube of frozen food out of the blister pack. (Yeah, I learned my lesson and don't pop out the cubes over the top of the tank anymore). I watched him closely all day and next morning there was a nice shiny poop on the bottom of the tank. Didn't phase him a bit.

Sean Buehrle
07-01-2011, 06:20 AM
LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith Perkins
07-01-2011, 08:23 AM
LOL, well I guess that's one solution to not being able to wipe. I agree, your fish should be fine.

ericatdallas
07-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Fish will be fine... Paper is mostly wood pulp. If discus can digest cellulose then even better, if not, then it's just roughage. It wouldn't be much different than if you gnawed on a tree.

LizStreithorst
07-01-2011, 11:26 PM
My dogs eat dirt. Go figure...Animals, including humans, instinctively avoid things that can harm them unless they are starving. Your fish will be fine.

TwitchyDiscus
07-02-2011, 03:53 AM
k thanks everyone

TURQ64
07-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Heck, maybe toss 'em a roll, and they'll fatten up quicker!...just kidding, obviously.......