PDA

View Full Version : Discolored Eyes

Latro
07-03-2011, 09:00 PM
My fish had their lights off for 30 hours due to a trip. Other than that they really just missed 1-2 feedings, nothing all that major. However when I got home and turned the lights on, I found that (in addition to behaviors I expected, like some sluggishness at first and so on) one of my fish's eyes was discolored. It had been reddish orange and was now a sort of dark yellow, with a little bit of brown to it. He was fine within about 10 minutes, with all his color back and eating, which is why this isn't in diseases, but I'm curious about why this happens, or if you've seen it before.

Any ideas?

wendy9722
07-03-2011, 09:39 PM
That is due to the stress of moving. I got some and their eyes was yellow etc and then they turn back to red. Nothing to worry about.

Apistomaster
07-03-2011, 10:26 PM
As Wendy said, this is normal and nothing to be worried about.

Latro
07-03-2011, 11:31 PM
I misspoke; it was my trip, I simply chose to leave their lights off rather than leave them on while I was away. They did not move. I would imagine some of the same things apply to having the lights off for an extended period in a tank, though. (Although they would've had SOME light, in that this room has a window which was left open.)