PDA

View Full Version : ABN Pleco and red cherry shrimp

AngryBird
07-06-2011, 06:54 PM
I have a planted red cherry shrimp tank and I was wondering if I can keep Albino bushy nose plecos in the same tank. There are many shrimps in the tank so they cant hide from the plecos. I am not sure if the plecos would do any damage to the shrimp or even eat them

dawrtw
07-06-2011, 10:33 PM
I have 6 baby angels, 4 shrimp and 2 Albino busy nose plecos in a 40 breeder that is thickly planted. No problems so far. The tank is being used to grow plants for my 220 discus tank. I'm using CO2, special T-5 lighting and get this, DIRT as my substrate. I heard about a guy using dirt and it made since.

Just an experiment all the way around. The angels are test subjects to see if my CO2 doesn't kill off fish, by poisoning or PH problems. The shrimp and plecos are working on the algae.

First time I ever set up a play tank, it's actually quite fun to see what happens next. I'm too big a chicken to play around my discus but this is quite enjoyable.

AngryBird
07-07-2011, 10:12 AM
I love this forum... Basically I have a 225 gallon tank and I set this shrimp tank so that I can grow the plants before I move them to my 225. I am using co2 as well on the grow out tank... I am going to move some ABN to the shrimp tank I guess.

I have 6 baby angels, 4 shrimp and 2 Albino busy nose plecos in a 40 breeder that is thickly planted. No problems so far. The tank is being used to grow plants for my 220 discus tank. I'm using CO2, special T-5 lighting and get this, DIRT as my substrate. I heard about a guy using dirt and it made since.

Just an experiment all the way around. The angels are test subjects to see if my CO2 doesn't kill off fish, by poisoning or PH problems. The shrimp and plecos are working on the algae.

First time I ever set up a play tank, it's actually quite fun to see what happens next. I'm too big a chicken to play around my discus but this is quite enjoyable.