PDA

View Full Version : NADA 2012 Discus Raffle #3 Sponsored by Kingdom Come Discus Haven/Kraig Koontz

Chad Adams
07-11-2011, 10:51 PM
NADA Discus Raffle #3!

Sponsored by Kraig Koontz & Kingdom Come Discus Haven

NADA is offering an opportunity to win FOUR 6 inch
Red Melon discus from Kingdom Come Discus Haven!

http://www.discusnada.org/raffle_7_2011.html

Delivered to your front door - for only $5!! (US shipping only)
These gorgeous Tony Tan Red Melon's are provided by Kraig Koontz
of Kingdom Come Discus Haven. The winner of the raffle will also have an option to receive SIX 1" Tank Raised F-1 Altum Angels.
Shipping is included in the price of your raffle ticket, so you could be the winner of both the discus AND the altum angels for just $5!
The raffle ends on July 31st and tickets sell out fast.
Your purchase of a raffle ticket earns you the chance to win all four discus plus the option of the F1 Altum Angels.
Kraig Koontz of Kingdom Come Discus Haven is providing 4 Tony Tan Red Melon Discus and, if you wish, 6 tank raised F-1 Altum Angels.
Each of the discus are 6 inches in length. Each of the angels are 1 inch in length.
Raffle Information:

1. Ticket sales will not be limited in this raffle, but the raffle will end on July 31st.

2. Drawing to be held on July 31, 2011. Winner will be contacted via email.

3. $5 per ticket.

4. Shipping is to the US only via Delta Airlines.
These incredible fish could be yours - for only $5!!
© 2004 - 2010 North American Discus Association.

NADA is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit organization, established in 2004.

You must be 18 years old to enter.

Skip
07-11-2011, 10:57 PM
this offer is SICK!!! i don't even know what Altum are!! but it sounds like a great deal.. i will be buying a few tickets :)

ZX10R
07-11-2011, 11:29 PM
This is crazy I am buying some tickets for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inmisawa
07-11-2011, 11:57 PM
I got mine! I like these raffles. Thanks to the donators for offering these great fish to help NADA out!

ZX10R
07-12-2011, 10:19 AM
I just bought mine :D

John_Nicholson
07-12-2011, 01:53 PM
I just picked up a couple of tickets myself......Of course I have been buying tickets for raffles since way back to the DIP days and I have never won a thing.....must be karma....

-john

2075turner
07-12-2011, 03:49 PM
I just picked up a couple of tickets myself......Of course I have been buying tickets for raffles since way back to the DIP days and I have never won a thing.....must be karma....

-john

So what are you trying to say John....we have better chances of winning now, lol

Skip
07-12-2011, 03:50 PM
So what are you trying to say John....we have better chances of winning now, lol

no.. better for us.. because they throw out HIS tickets.. so better chances for US!! :)

John_Nicholson
07-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Yep ya'll are correct...I am just taking one for the team....LOL.

-john

2075turner
07-12-2011, 04:08 PM
hehehe :D

Skip
07-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Yep ya'll are correct...I am just taking one for the team....LOL.

-john

You are my WINGMAN at NADA!! :)

http://www.profilebrand.com/funny-pictures/category/people/740_great-wingman.gif

Lenin
07-12-2011, 04:28 PM
LOL, OMG, how many more of these can you place in this post.

Skip
07-12-2011, 04:30 PM
LOL, OMG, how many more of these can you place in this post.

I can find out... lol

Lenin
07-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Oh yeah, I'm getting 4 tickets for this one, Altums are the Kings of AngelFish, they grow big and are tall

Skip
07-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Oh yeah, I'm getting 4 tickets for this one, Altums are the Kings of AngelFish, they grow big and are tall

if i win.. i will give you the ALTUMS :)

ericatdallas
07-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Skip, you know it's either the discus or the altums... not both right? :)

Bought my tickets.

Lenin
07-12-2011, 04:43 PM
As I understood is both

Shipping is included in the price of your raffle ticket, so you could be the winner of both the discus AND the altum angels for just $5!

Skip
07-12-2011, 04:47 PM

Bought my tickets.

Nope.. wrong..

so if i win.. don't ask for either! :P

:antlers:

ericatdallas
07-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Nope.. wrong..

so if i win.. don't ask for either! :P

:antlers:

LOL, you're absolutely right! They have your address, but I suppose you can still choose neither (I assume)! Stupid logic hazards! :)

Kingdom Come Discus
07-12-2011, 04:56 PM

Bought my tickets.

This raffle is for both the Altums and the Melons. If you win you are not required to take the Altums. If you want to give them away then that's ok with me. We set it up like this because we realize not everyone wants or has the space for the Altums. The winner will be allowed to pick from the tank of eight.

Thanks for supporting the NADA

ericatdallas
07-12-2011, 04:56 PM
As I understood is both

You're right! Wow, I've been wanting some altums. What a great donation/deal. Hmm.. maybe I should buy more tickets :)

ZX10R
07-12-2011, 05:41 PM
I never win anything but I am still crossing my fingers for this one

deepflyball
07-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Dont like the raffle. Would love to have the fish. Would prefer an action. I understand its a fund raiser, my wife and i were sponsors at the NADA last year. We also won fish from kennys action. But to throw a couple hunderd in a raffle and lose to a one ticket buyer?????? Would love to help Kraig with this, hes good people, but not a raffle Jerry

Chad Adams
07-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Dont like the raffle. Would love to have the fish. Would prefer an action. I understand its a fund raiser, my wife and i were sponsors at the NADA last year. We also won fish from kennys action. But to throw a couple hunderd in a raffle and lose to a one ticket buyer?????? Would love to help Kraig with this, hes good people, but not a raffle Jerry

An auction would never come close to raising the money a raffle does. That is our goal to raise money for NADA.
This also gives someone the opportunity to win some very valuable fish for just $5!!!!

Chad

ericatdallas
07-12-2011, 10:54 PM

Don't spend a couple of hundred then, spend $5 and consider it a donation. That's what I do when I buy it. If I win, great. If not, at least it helps the organization.

deepflyball
07-12-2011, 11:06 PM
My god i am sorry for the poor spelling in my post above. I am disabled and cant see to well. Hey thanks SABRES1 For telling me to go because i dont think like you. For the record who the hell is Chad, probly not who he thinks he is. Jerry

rostick555
07-12-2011, 11:19 PM
+1 Thats what I did :)

Chad Adams
07-12-2011, 11:24 PM
My god i am sorry for the poor spelling in my post above. I am disabled and cant see to well. Hey thanks SABRES1 For telling me to go because i dont think like you. For the record who the hell is Chad, probly not who he thinks he is. Jerry

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry. I thought you were talking to Jerry Baer, past president & raffle extraordinaire. LOL.
I was taking a shot at Jerry Baer. I had no idea YOUR name was Jerry. So So Sorry. My misunderstanding.
Chad

Chad Adams
07-13-2011, 07:26 PM
First 2 days of this raffle have gone really well! Don't miss out on your chance to own some awesome fish from Kraig!

Chad

Kingdom Come Discus
07-14-2011, 03:56 PM
There are at least two pairs in this tank. Remember I will be keeping all eight of these fish until after the raffle is over and if you win you get to choose your fish even the pairs.

Good Luck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoztNdRGAbs

korbi_doc
07-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Ok, Kraig or Chad.........who is handling this one? I tried again to buy 2 tickets with a different pc & still cannot get it to submit...just a refusal, then an error when I tried again...boy! do I wish you still had paypal, can use it for anything, lol.....so tell me............Dottie

yogi
07-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Dottie you always seem to blame it on us when we all know your the troublemaker.Send me a pm on how many tickets your buying and then use the paypal donate button on NADA www.discusnada.org to send your money. Once I get it I'll send you a confirmation email. Thanks and good luck.

wdeleon01
07-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Is there a limit of tickets that are going to be sold?

Chad Adams
07-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Is there a limit of tickets that are going to be sold?

No, You can buy as many as you want. Good Luck.
Chad

roundfishross
07-14-2011, 07:38 PM
You are my WINGMAN at NADA!! :)

http://www.profilebrand.com/funny-pictures/category/people/740_great-wingman.gif

hell yeah baby wo-man!

roundfishross
07-14-2011, 07:40 PM
No, You can buy as many as you want. Good Luck.
Chad

Chad, I think they are wondering if theres a cap on the total number of tickets being sold.not how many an individual can purchase?

Chad Adams
07-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Chad, I think they are wondering if theres a cap on the total number of tickets being sold.not how many an individual can purchase?

Hey Leo, I was well aware of his question. I was multi-tasking. I answered his question & gave him a subliminal message at the same time.:idea:
Chad

yim11
07-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Because of the shorter time frame for this raffle (less than a month) we didn't limit the total ticket sales. So buy as many as you want!!!! :)

Thanks,
-jim

roundfishross
07-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Hey Leo, I was well aware of his question. I was multi-tasking. I answered his question & gave him a subliminal message at the same time.:idea:
Chad

Because of the shorter time frame for this raffle (less than a month) we didn't limit the total ticket sales. So buy as many as you want!!!! :)

Thanks,
-jim

right on .......I see siad the blind man!

Larry Bugg
07-14-2011, 09:06 PM
LOL, you guys crack me up.

Since I have been out of pocket this week, looks like Jerry is keeping up with the ticket details this time. Does this mean I can buy some tickets and have a chance to win? Dang, Kraig already has a couple of unconfirmed pairs working in this tank and then there are the F1 altums.........................

Kingdom Come Discus
07-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Yea Larry, the pair I filmed last night are sitting on eggs now I will try to get another video tonight.

yogi
07-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Since I'm the one keeping track of this raffle I'm fine with Larry entering and buying tickets. It just depends if a majority of you are fine with it. Ticket sales are going good, but there not on fire so I'm guessing we will end up selling somewhere between 175 and 225 tickets by the end of the raffle. So this should give you a general idea of your chances.

ZX10R
07-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Sounds like I should buy more then

ericatdallas
07-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Just curious, how are the names drawn? Via random number generator or do you guys actually have tickets that you draw from a hat?

wdeleon01
07-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Im thinking of buying more!!!!

yogi
07-14-2011, 11:21 PM
When Larry ran it he did use something like a random number generator. When I run it I put every name on tickets and put them in a bowl, then my wife picks the winner.

Larry Bugg
07-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Yes, I did use a random number generator. I put every name (or names with multiple purchases) on a spreadsheet as I received the payment starting with number 1. I then used a random number generator to pick the winning number.

Chad Adams
07-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Sounds like I should buy more then

Im thinking of buying more!!!!

I totally agree!!

Chad

Kingdom Come Discus
07-15-2011, 08:49 AM
I took this last night with a light, then when I downloaded it noticed you couldn't see the eggs. It looks like a hundered and fifty or so. I would be very suprised if they make it in the tank with the eight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-kZ-R_J5bs

korbi_doc
07-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Yep, Jerry, I'm the one, lol...maybe I'm using subliminal too, (like that idea Chad!)....anyway, sent the $$, now need to get the win, lol.......need a new pc, lightning killed my good one, this is like dial-up to use, very old!! like me, lol....

Dottie

Dottie you always seem to blame it on us when we all know your the troublemaker.Send me a pm on how many tickets your buying and then use the paypal donate button on NADA www.discusnada.org (http://www.discusnada.org) to send your money. Once I get it I'll send you a confirmation email. Thanks and good luck.

Kingdom Come Discus
07-16-2011, 09:40 PM
The pair are now confirmed as the eggs are fertilized and hours away from hatching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN5SoS3qSuM

Larry Bugg
07-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Excellent Kraig!!!! Just bought my tickets about 2 hours ago.

Sean Buehrle
07-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Do i have to be a member of nada to buy tickets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Bugg
07-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Do i have to be a member of nada to buy tickets?

Absolutely not, anyone can buy them.

Kingdom Come Discus
07-17-2011, 12:51 PM
If anyone is wondering if the Altums can be put in with the Discus here is a video during feeding time of 3 inch discus and a lot of Altums which I have decided to grow out. I am having a lot of fun with this bunch. The discus seem to not bother the Altums and vice versa. The pecking order stays in the family so to speak. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02BJZJEsLxQ

Chad Adams
07-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Unbelieveable!!!!

So now you can get a confirmed pair of Tony Tan Red Melon Discus, two add'l Tony Tan Red Melon Discus aaaannnnnnddddd those really nice altums. All for $5!!!!
That's Awesome!!

texasdiscusman
07-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Dang new I was suppose to do something this week.I keep forgetting to mail a check.LOL

Skip
07-20-2011, 12:26 AM
i am going to wait till last minute... and win this.. like i do on EBAY! :)

ZX10R
07-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Unbelieveable!!!!

So now you can get a confirmed pair of Tony Tan Red Melon Discus, two add'l Tony Tan Red Melon Discus aaaannnnnnddddd those really nice altums. All for $5!!!!
That's Awesome!!

You are suppose to keep this news quite!!!! The more tickets you sell good for you but bad for us who have already bought tickets. So instead of 200-1 odds we are looking at more around 500-1 odds. This raffle has been posted on MFK also. I feel my chance of owning these fish for $5 slipping thru my fingers :(

Skip
07-20-2011, 09:02 AM
You are suppose to keep this news quite!!!! The more tickets you sell good for you but bad for us who have already bought tickets. So instead of 200-1 odds we are looking at more around 500-1 odds. This raffle has been posted on MFK also. I feel my chance of owning these fish for $5 slipping thru my fingers :(

of course they are confirmed.. take my word for it... so keep buying those tickets..
http://images.wikia.com/x-files/images/0/0c/Cigarette_Smoking_Man_(1992).jpg

Chad Adams
07-20-2011, 04:23 PM
http://images.wikia.com/x-files/images/0/0c/Cigarette_Smoking_Man_(1992).jpg

There's also a super secret way to increase your chances of winning!!!!

:gossip::inquisitive::rolleyes:

Cough...Cough...Cough...Cough...

ZX10R
07-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Does it involve buying more ticket?

Larry Bugg
07-20-2011, 05:09 PM
JUST HOW MUCH IS A PROVEN PAIR AND A UNCONFIRMED PAIR AND ALL THOSE ALTUMS WORTH????

kent1963
07-21-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm curious as to how many tickets have been sold? Just wondering how far my odds have dropped:cry:?

Skip
07-21-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm curious as to how many tickets have been sold? Just wondering how far my odds have dropped:cry:?

HEY!!!!!!!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3IjRgoGWUBo/TA14j1902WI/AAAAAAAAAl0/qaoCn-MRiCE/s1600/never-tell-me-the-odds-demotivator.jpg

yogi
07-21-2011, 08:33 PM
We have sold 141 tickets. I'm waiting on checks for another 20 tickets, but I'm not counting them sold until the checks arrive. Majority of the sales were in the first 4 days and the day Kraig showed the video of a confirmed pair.

jimg
07-21-2011, 09:23 PM
I've got my tanks ready!!!!

Larry Bugg
07-21-2011, 11:28 PM
So we haven't even hit 200 yet. I heard some grumblings about the odds but that still seem very good to me. Haven't even hit the 200 mark.

kent1963
07-22-2011, 12:35 AM
I have absolutely no room for these.... so I'm sure I'll win:juggle:

rdiscus
07-22-2011, 12:48 AM
Don't say that ... others will stop buy tickets :)

Kingdom Come Discus
07-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Here is the latest video of the confirmed pair. After the last video the fry were gone the next day. I moved the pair to their own 20 gallon and a few days later I caught them in the act. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkT2ceWPSd8&feature=related

mrblah00
07-23-2011, 09:08 AM
I have absolutely no room for these.... so I'm sure I'll win:juggle:

We're in the same boat, not sure why we even bought a ticket other than it's fora good cause.
Sam

Kingdom Come Discus
07-24-2011, 02:14 AM
We're in the same boat, not sure why we even bought a ticket other than it's fora good cause.
Sam

I agree Sam, a very good cause here is a few reasons why.

I want to thank everyone who has bought or will buy tickets for the NADA Raffles. As you know when you do this you are supporting the NADA. There is no other Discus Organization of this type in the USA. The NADA is most valuable to the Discus community here in the States. Last summer I was asked by Jeffrey Tan to find someone to represent the NADA in Italy. Many Discus Societies throughout the world met in Italy to discuss the Standard for Discus. The goal was to come up with a world standard for judging the King of the Aquarium. Without the NADA the United States will not have a impact on what the world thinks a Discus should look like.

Not to mention, what other organization is going to put on Discus only Show in such fashion as the 2010 NADA Show. I had the time of my life in Dallas last year and I can't wait for the 2012 show in Atlanta. I have complete faith in those working on this show and I am sure it will rival what we experienced in Dallas.

True, Simply Discus is one of the most if not the most renowned Discus Forum in the World. What would we Discus Lovers do without it? I want to make it clear that the NADA is not trying to become another Simply. The mission statements of the two are completely different. By helping the NADA you are giving to a organization which strives to see Discus lovers in the USA continue to have a growing and respectable presence in the Discus World.

Thanks so much for your support,

yim11
07-25-2011, 12:55 AM
So very well said Kraig! Thank you!!

ZX10R
07-28-2011, 11:30 PM
How many tickets are we up to now?

yogi
07-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Ticket sales will end at 8:00 pm Sunday July 31st. The drawing will be around 9:00 pm on July 31st. At this point we have sold 186 tickets. Thanks and good luck.

ZX10R
07-29-2011, 10:08 AM
I have to say I am a little shocked there hasn't been more tickets sold then 186

Second Hand Pat
07-29-2011, 10:11 AM
I have to say I am a little shocked there hasn't been more tickets sold then 186

Me too...this raffle couldn't be sweeter

ZX10R
07-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Well I just bought more :thumbsup:

yim11
07-29-2011, 10:31 AM
I just bought some as well!

Larry Bugg
07-29-2011, 10:41 AM
It is a worthy cause!! This convention and show are going to be amazing. Even if you don't want (not possible) the discus or don't have room (everyone needs another tank) you are supporting the organization that supports the hobby you love. Heck, I bought 5 tickets but pulled my name from the hat because of my close involvement. Jump on this deal before it closes out and show your support.

ZX10R
07-29-2011, 11:45 AM
It is a worthy cause!! This convention and show are going to be amazing. Even if you don't want (not possible) the discus or don't have room (everyone needs another tank) you are supporting the organization that supports the hobby you love. Heck, I bought 5 tickets but pulled my name from the hat because of my close involvement. Jump on this deal before it closes out and show your support.

Yep and what is $5 I blow that everyday in a vending machine at work.

Chad Adams
07-29-2011, 11:43 PM
I want to thank everyone who has bought or will buy tickets for the NADA Raffles. As you know when you do this you are supporting the NADA. There is no other Discus Organization of this type in the USA. The NADA is most valuable to the Discus community here in the States. Last summer I was asked by Jeffrey Tan to find someone to represent the NADA in Italy. Many Discus Societies throughout the world met in Italy to discuss the Standard for Discus. The goal was to come up with a world standard for judging the King of the Aquarium. Without the NADA the United States will not have a impact on what the world thinks a Discus should look like.
Not to mention, what other organization is going to put on Discus only Show in such fashion as the 2010 NADA Show. I had the time of my life in Dallas last year and I can't wait for the 2012 show in Atlanta. I have complete faith in those working on this show and I am sure it will rival what we experienced in Dallas.
True, Simply Discus is one of the most if not the most renowned Discus Forum in the World. What would we Discus Lovers do without it? I want to make it clear that the NADA is not trying to become another Simply. The mission statements of the two are completely different. By helping the NADA you are giving to a organization which strives to see Discus lovers in the USA continue to have a growing and respectable presence in the Discus World.
Thanks so much for your support,

Very well said Kraig & I support you saying so. It's great of you to say such positive things about NADA, but to actually step-up & do something for the club shows true character. I hope you will take the time when in Atlanta to visit my home & my family. It will be a pleasure to have you here for the show in June my friend. Look forward to actual work with you for NADA.
Your Friend,
Chad

So very well said Kraig! Thank you!!

Right On Jim. Totally agree. Someone's going to win some nice fish from a good man.
Thanks Again Kraig.

Only 2 days left!!!!!!!!!

Sean Buehrle
07-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Just got mine, come on lady luck, daddy needs a new pair of discus:)

I have a 90 gal empty and waiting.

yogi
07-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Ticket sales are going good, but there not on fire so I'm guessing we will end up selling somewhere between 175 and 225 tickets by the end of the raffle. So this should give you a general idea of your chances.

AS of right now we have sold 215 tickets, so my prediction was pretty close. I made it before Kraig said there was a confirmed pair, which made me think we would hit the top end or even go a little higher than I predicted. Thank you all and good luck.

nwehrman
07-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Want to get tickets but it won't take my cc- says address doesn't match (but it does). Can I use paypal and mark for raffle?

yogi
07-31-2011, 10:52 AM
Want to get tickets but it won't take my cc- says address doesn't match (but it does). Can I use paypal and mark for raffle?

I sent you a PM with paypal instructions.

fattubwhale
07-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Im in! Got my Tickets :) gonna wait till the last minute and buy some more :D

roclement
07-31-2011, 02:35 PM
In for a good cause!

Rodrigo

Chad Adams
07-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Im in! Got my Tickets :) gonna wait till the last minute and buy some more :D

Hurry Up! Just a few hours left!!!

rdiscus
07-31-2011, 05:12 PM
Just got more

JaredP
07-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Made sure to get in- at the wire as well!

Skip
07-31-2011, 06:15 PM
what time zone 8pm?! :)

yogi
07-31-2011, 07:38 PM
The ticket sales are over at 8:00 pm Eastern Time. I'm going out to dinner so my wife will pick the winner when we get home about 9:30 pm Eastern Time. Good Luck

Skip
07-31-2011, 07:58 PM
WHEW!!! i got in with 2 minutes to spare!!!

Skip
07-31-2011, 08:00 PM
I AM GOING TO WIN!! its like ebay right?! :)

JaredP
07-31-2011, 08:01 PM
The ticket sales are over at 8:00 pm Eastern Time. I'm going out to dinner so my wife will pick the winner when we get home about 9:30 pm Eastern Time. Good Luck

So mean making us wait! Good luck everyone and thanks for contributing to the NADA Convention, you'll love the location!

fattubwhale
07-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Just got a couple more tickets :) Hope I made it bf the cut off.

Kingdom Come Discus
07-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks to all who support not only the NADA. but simply too.

Skip
07-31-2011, 08:30 PM

thats during TRUEBLOOD!! :(

kent1963
07-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Good luck everyone!! Heck I'm already look-in forward to the next one!

2075turner
07-31-2011, 09:34 PM
I AM GOING TO WIN!! its like ebay right?! :)

Ebay....

That's just too funny:D

Skip
07-31-2011, 09:35 PM
Ebay....

That's just too funny:D

heck yes!! i bid right at the last second ;)

Skip
07-31-2011, 09:52 PM
YEAH!! I WON!!!!

http://www.outerworlds.com/worlds/vegas/textures/bingo.gif

i was just practicing! :)

kent1963
07-31-2011, 09:57 PM
YEAH!! I WON!!!!

http://www.outerworlds.com/worlds/vegas/textures/bingo.gif

i was just practicing! :) You kill me. Quit that!!

nwehrman
07-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Lol - funny Skip!

yogi
07-31-2011, 10:39 PM
I sent Larry Bugg the winner a little while ago, but I think he is offline. So here is the winner James Galbraith. Congratulations and thanks to everyone who entered.

H20M@N
07-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Congrats James!

Sean Buehrle
07-31-2011, 10:46 PM
Congrats James:)

yogi
07-31-2011, 10:51 PM
I also want to thank Kraig for donating this fantastic raffle.

Skip
07-31-2011, 10:51 PM
awwwww!! man!! i lost

http://www.freewebs.com/kandjreallate/swiper.jpg

nwehrman
07-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks Kraig and congrats James.

Chad Adams
07-31-2011, 10:59 PM
Congratulations James & Thank You everyone for supporting NADA!

chaoslite
07-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Congrats James.

Mishka

texasdiscusman
07-31-2011, 11:27 PM
Congrats James and Kraig NADA really say's Big Thank You !!! My Friend Great Job!!!!!

Kingdom Come Discus
07-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Congratulations James,

My part in this is small. Setting up this Raffle and keeping tabs on it could not have been easy. So thanks Jerry and anyone else who had a part in this.

To all who have participated in these Raffles and to all the members of the NADA, Thanks. I have no question that the NADA is going to grow because of all of you.

Now to all who is here on Simply. I not only love this site but the simply people are the best. Please give when ever you can to help Al and company keep this wonderful forum going.

Thanks again,

Larry Bugg
08-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Congratulations James!!
Thanks for posting Jerry. I've been having problems with my router this weekend.

Thanks Kraig. You may think of your part as small but I certainly don't.

James, you know we are expecting pictures..........................

wdeleon01
08-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Congrats James.

Walter

jimg
08-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks every one for the congrats but I let kraig know I am unable to accept them at this time. perhaps another name can be drawn in fairness?

Larry Bugg
08-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks every one for the congrats but I let kraig know I am unable to accept them at this time. perhaps another name can be drawn in fairness?

Kraig notified me of this James. I'm sorry it won't work out for you at this time and NADA really appreciates your considering your purchase as a donation.

Jerry will be drawing a new name sometime tonight. Stay tuned.......................................

yim11
08-01-2011, 06:26 PM
SKIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another shot man!!!!!!!!!!!

roclement
08-01-2011, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=jimg;790029]Thanks every one for the congrats but I let kraig know I am unable to accept them at this time. perhaps another name can be drawn in fairness?[/QUOTE

You are a class act Jim.

Rodrigo

Skip
08-01-2011, 06:43 PM
SKIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another shot man!!!!!!!!!!!

:angel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuAUI_0knfk

jimg
08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
You are a class act Jim.

Class act Rod ??

roclement
08-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Class act Rod ??

Yeah man you could take them and just sell them, instead you are giving someone else a shot, pretty cool of you.

Rodrigo

jimg
08-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks Rod To me that would be like steeling from church! I hope someone who really wants them gets them.

yogi
08-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Ok I sent this to Larry a while ago, but he hasn't been online. I want to thank Jim for asking us to pick a new winner and make his ticket purchase a donation to NADA. Our new winner is korbi_doc, Dr. Dottie Miller. So congratulations Dottie.

Larry Bugg
08-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Congrats Dottie!!!!!!

I can't think of a better winner.

Skip
08-01-2011, 11:02 PM
The Raffle is culturally biased against people like me!!!

LOL>>
ook.. when is the NEXT ONE!

http://fr.toonpool.com/user/997/files/aliens_racial_profiling_818505.jpg

CONGRATS DOTTIE!! are you choosing the ALTUMS also?! :)

Kingdom Come Discus
08-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Congratulations Dottie. Let me know when you want these and I will do my best to get them too you then.

Thanks again everyone.

Chad Adams
08-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Congratulations Dottie. And yes Jim, Rod is right, that was a classy thing to do.
Sorry Skip:mad:

Chad

korbi_doc
08-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Wow guys'n gals, what a surprise when I got this call from Jerry.....had no idea this could even happen.....my thanks to you Jim, hopefully another time will work out better for you....

& thanks for the congratulations, I really feel honored to be the recipient for these fish...

Kraig, will be in touch to arrange the timing, it's really hot down here, so have to be careful....

Thanks again all, Dottie

Second Hand Pat
08-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Congrats Dottie, you will be having fun with all these fish.

yim11
08-02-2011, 12:46 AM
This worked out great! A HUGE Thanks to Jim for his generosity and CONGRATS to Dottie for [finally!] winning a great raffle! Couldn't have worked out better in my opinion!

A very special THANKS to Kraig and Kingdom Come Discus Haven (http://www.kingdomcomediscus.com/) for his contribution! Great fish from a great person!!!!!

fattubwhale
08-02-2011, 01:33 AM
:thumbsup: Can't wait till the next one!

Sean Buehrle
08-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Congrats Dottie, the fish gods were on your side :)

Thanks to everyone involved.

jimg
08-02-2011, 05:05 PM
congats Dottie! you gotta send us some pics of them, good luck with them.

kent1963
08-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Congrats on your win!! Lol I didn't know I could lose the same contest twice.:p

John_Nicholson
08-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Congrats Dottie! If I could not win I am glad that you did.

-john

Chad Adams
08-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Dottie,
That's so awesome. Glad you got these guys.
Chad

kent1963
08-04-2011, 10:27 PM
So whats next? I really need something to look forward to.:undecided:

Larry Bugg
08-04-2011, 10:45 PM
So whats next? I really need something to look forward to.:undecided:

Did you say what is next?

Well more Discus of course.

Scribbles
08-06-2011, 02:50 AM
Congratulations Dottie!

Chris

korbi_doc
08-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Thank you all everyone....as said before, it's an honor to have won these fish & I'll be making travel arrangements for'm next week...Kraig is just great & will be shipping soon & then when they are all set I'll be taking PICTURES for y'all...I hope.....you may have to help me upload'm, my last effort was not very successful...it's this Windows 7, I dislike it, not user friendly at least to me & the pc has just been repaired after lightning strike...so....later......

Dottie

Kingdom Come Discus
08-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Thank you all everyone....as said before, it's an honor to have won these fish & I'll be making travel arrangements for'm next week...Kraig is just great & will be shipping soon & then when they are all set I'll be taking PICTURES for y'all...I hope.....you may have to help me upload'm, my last effort was not very successful...it's this Windows 7, I dislike it, not user friendly at least to me & the pc has just been repaired after lightning strike...so....later......

Dottie

Dottie, I sent you a pm a few days ago. Thanks

korbi_doc
08-19-2011, 06:53 PM
They arrived today in great condition! Kraig did a great job packing even tho he was a lil' concerned they might be too tight, but no, they were just perfect! In the tank by noon, swimming & even looking for food...lookin' great!! Thanks Kraig!

Dottie

Larry Bugg
08-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Excellent Dottie! Can't wait to see some pictures.

LizStreithorst
08-19-2011, 07:02 PM
You know we need pics after a few days, Dottie. You sure did win a huge prize with this auction. If I were doing Reds I'd be terribly jealous of you.

korbi_doc
08-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Well, here's a first trial....don't know if they will enlarge, my last ones did not...if not, someone will hopefully give aid, lol.....

Kraig's packing was very well done in quadruple, & both the discus & the altums seem to adjust & are eating FBWs this eve....

Kingdom Come Discus
08-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I am so glad they came in ok Dottie. Thanks for the kind words and for supporting the NADA.

korbi_doc
08-20-2011, 01:30 PM
You betcha Kraig! This ole' lady will always support the group I am a founding member of...& I sure hope it will continue to flourish as it has...many of us have fallen by the wayside for various reasons, some personal, family, & age, but that doesn't mean we don't care what happens in the future...wish I could do more, but if needed, I'm still here.....GO NADA!!!

I am so glad they came in ok Dottie. Thanks for the kind words and for supporting the NADA.

Chad Adams
08-20-2011, 04:08 PM
You betcha Kraig! This ole' lady will always support the group I am a founding member of...& I sure hope it will continue to flourish as it has...many of us have fallen by the wayside for various reasons, some personal, family, & age, but that doesn't mean we don't care what happens in the future...wish I could do more, but if needed, I'm still here.....GO NADA!!!

Dottie,
Very kind of you to say. I was unaware you were a founding member. How cool is that. I'm so glad you won the fish!
Chad