PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Shrimp

morgs8u
07-14-2011, 03:34 AM
Has anyone tried Fairy shrimp over Brine shrimp
for Fry

Thai fairy shrimp has a high protein content (70%) but low fat content(1.6),High hatching percentage and growth rate but low cost of operation and maintenance. It can be stored for long-term use in several ways. Dry cysts (eggs) could be stored for several months. It is also possible to freeze the adult fairy shrimp for later use for feeding of the sconomic marine and freshwater fish. It also show that Thai fairy shrimp enchances the color brilliantness of some ornamental fish. New hatched baby fairy shrimp is perfect for feed new born freshwater fish. The baby fairy shrimp swin slowly and can live in the fry tank for several day so your new born fish can eat easily.

brewmaster15
07-14-2011, 09:47 AM
I've looked for wild freshwater fairy shrimp to culture here in CT, but I have not had much luck. I'm not familar with the Thai Fairy shrimp...are these commercially farmed and availible? Are they freshwater?lastly...do you know the scientific name?

thanks,
al

morgs8u
07-14-2011, 06:03 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400153188736&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
here is a link on ebay that i was looking out
they seem to be a better source of food for fry