PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack

christian1971
07-14-2011, 05:29 PM
As the day draws nearer to my fishes arrival, I'm feeling a bit anxious.
First I thought why not clean the glass on my tank. I realized that the calcium comes off very hard. The calcium on the bottom has accumulated in flakes. When you stir the water it is more noticeable. Besides not looking nice, is this calcium a danger to the discus? I don't have a syphon yet but plan to get one asap. I should probably get some salt for the softener!! We haven't been using it for months.
Next when I put in fresh water in my tank I forgot to add dechlorinator. Stupid *** me!!! I am so sick of my stupidity. So I began to start to have a panic attack. Luckily, Kenny is sending me two seeded sponge filters just like mine. I guess I was upset because 7 weeks of cycling shot to hell. Although I think my tank failed to cycle properly because of one or more reasons.
Anyways, my wife tried to calm my nerves. Perhaps I waited a bit too long to get the preparations for the big day. Got to get a heater for my aging tank tomorrow and Prime. Just breath.....

Skip
07-14-2011, 05:33 PM
i was talking to a breeder.. he washes his sponges out in the sink.. str8 tap.. don't think it bothers his fish :) so you maybe ok :)

christian1971
07-14-2011, 05:42 PM
I though when I drain tank I could use a small shop vac to suck calcium bits etc. Goes quick, just make sure not to suck up my little buddies!!!

Sean Buehrle
07-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Theres nothing to worry about just do all your cleaning on the tank and fill it back up, no big deal. The filters will take care of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walan20
07-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Personally I think water conditioner+ filter+ heater+ feedings+ wcs+ water with good ph= perfection.