PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews on this breeder

les2011
07-18-2011, 05:18 PM
I found this site: discusmadness dot com looking for different Discus breeders online and his Discus are hormone free and I was wondering what's the difference between discus with hormones and hormone free discus and if anyone has any reviews on his Discus breed because he seem to have a lot of different color strains.

Skip
07-18-2011, 05:22 PM
do you want to know about discusmadess?

do you want to know about Hormones in discus?

you should look at Elite Aquarium, or Snookn21.. they are sponsors in FL

TURQ64
07-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Skip it and shop the sponsors herein..I think Dan at Elite is down your way..See the sponsor section and pass on Discus Madness, Somethingsphishy,and Rainforest International...

les2011
07-18-2011, 05:49 PM
I've been warned about Discus madness, thanks guys for the heads up on the FL sponsors, so I would like to find out what's the difference with the hormones in discus.

Skip
07-18-2011, 06:03 PM
hormones SCREW UP THE FISH.. makes them sterlie.. but hey look good when small.. die early..

non hormone.. health, can breed

hows that

les2011
07-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Got it, thanks warlock for the crash course in discus hormones.

Skip
07-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Got it, thanks warlock for the crash course in discus hormones.

i had a pb that layed eggs like 6 months ago.. and not done it since.. fish is about 1 yr now :( i was told that could be the problem.. due to hormones.. :(

BradC
07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Its funny how the site says "Breeders of hormone free discus" lol.. Guess this is not true?

roclement
07-18-2011, 07:54 PM
...starting with breeder part...

Rodrigo

terps
07-19-2011, 10:45 PM

Rodrigo

That was funny.

terps
07-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Skip it and shop the sponsors herein..I think Dan at Elite is down your way..See the sponsor section and pass on Discus Madness, Somethingsphishy,and Rainforest International...

I've never been to his place, but I wouldn't put Discus Madness in the same category as the other 2 sellers you mentioned. His discus on youtube look fine.

John_Nicholson
07-20-2011, 08:47 AM

Rodrigo

LOL

-john

htlv22003@yahoo.com
07-20-2011, 09:42 AM
I accturally visted DiscusMadness showroom recently and get two from his stock. His discus look great. No idea about on-line order. No idea about hormone.

terps
07-20-2011, 10:22 AM
I accturally visted DiscusMadness showroom recently and get two from his stock. His discus look great. No idea about on-line order. No idea about hormone.

His fish look fine on his youtube video. Did you see 6,000 plus discus like he claims on his website?

htlv22003@yahoo.com
07-20-2011, 10:50 AM
I his showroom, I saw 40+ show tanks with 10-20+ discus in each. He also has a separate QT room with a lot discus there. He also said he has a warehouse which I didn't go.

Skip
07-20-2011, 11:12 AM
well., i can tell you.. there is a difference a year later.. for what i considered Great Looking Discus.. Then and now.. LOL

seankelly
10-27-2015, 08:03 PM
I sent Discus Madness and email asking a few questions about which strains he breeds and which he doesn't ,really wanted to find out which ones were born here and ones that were never in Asia.He told me it was none of my business and would rather not sell to stupid morons like me.I kind of doubt there is any breeding of any discus going on here

farebox
10-27-2015, 08:56 PM
Man just stick with SD sponsors and no problem, plus they answer emails about their fish they sell to all of us here.

Skip
10-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Well.. He answered ur question. He don't breed. Jus import..

HappyFace
01-10-2016, 04:40 PM
I purchased 6 discus from discusmadness in the last 2 weeks, all over 6 inches. They are gorgeous! Mathias was nice, answered questions for me and sent pics so I could chose the fish I wanted most. I tried feeding them by hand last night for the first time and now they follow me around the tank, come straight up to hand feed. I can't answer whether he breeds them or not but I do know he has beautiful, healthy fish.

The small orange one in the pic is not from discusmadness.

Sorry to hear someone else had a bad experience.

soulight321
01-10-2016, 09:41 PM
I only buy discus from Kenny, not really gonna move to anyone else lol

CliffsDiscus
01-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Is Mathais a baker or chief by trade that orders Discus from a breeder in the U.S. According to my resourses this breeder said he help set up Discus Madness operation.

Cliff

pitdogg2
01-11-2016, 06:35 PM
hows that Texas holey rock (limestone) working bet it really ups the hardness in your tank? I'd find a more inert rock to showcase not really for Discus tank that is unless it is fake which would not be a problem.

MD.David
01-13-2016, 12:22 PM
Thanks for posting this experience. There is a reason why they are not sponsors on SD, I'm sure Al wouldn't tolerate such poor behavior.
Further more, its totally your business if the stock your buying is bread on site or imported in.
The answer given to you was a answer from a poor mannered business man and insecure at that.

Thanks again for the heads up and cheers Mates!

I sent Discus Madness and email asking a few questions about which strains he breeds and which he doesn't ,really wanted to find out which ones were born here and ones that were never in Asia.He told me it was none of my business and would rather not sell to stupid morons like me.I kind of doubt there is any breeding of any discus going on here

HappyFace
01-14-2016, 05:52 PM
hows that Texas holey rock (limestone) working bet it really ups the hardness in your tank? I'd find a more inert rock to showcase not really for Discus tank that is unless it is fake which would not be a problem.

It's fake plastic holey rock.

Nazareth4
04-14-2016, 08:52 AM
Mathias told me he was a pastry chef in New York City. Was working too many hours so he quit and went into business with a partner who runs the breeding operation in upstate NY. They bring the fish from that breeding facility in NY too the show room in NJ. I have found him to be a very nice person. Very helpful. Answered all my questions and allowed me as much time as I wanted to pick out my fish. I have been there a few times and as recently as last week purchased healthy and beautiful discus. I am no expert just a beginner as far as discus keeping goes but I would buy from him again. Give him a call and go check out his showroom so you can see for yourself.

chuckiesmalls
04-14-2016, 01:02 PM
Thats some superb customer service....geez

DISCUS STU
04-14-2016, 03:32 PM
I've always thought that Mathias at Discus Madness was an importer but not a breeder.

I've purchased some descent fish from him in the past when I've visited him in NJ as I'm local.

Eti
04-18-2016, 11:39 AM
I live in NJ, purchased fishs from Mathias who is a very nice guy. He has high quality fishs (like you can see on the picture above from HappyFace) and is very helpful. I respect everyone who wants to buy from sponsors here (and I actually do have discus from Hans who are great), but before judging Mathias, go see his facility and be the judge.

CliffsDiscus
04-18-2016, 05:03 PM
I know the breeder that sells to DiscusMadness as far back as the 1980's, long before the internet.

Cliff