PDA

View Full Version : Dead tetra

zchauvin
07-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Came home to a dead lemon tetra from who knows what. I did 55g ev yesterday and wasn't going to do another until around Sunday. Should I do one or will the one small dead fish not make a difference in water quality

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

David Rose
07-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Sorry for your loss. I'm assuming you found and removed the dead tetra the same day rather than it having been decaying behind some plants or objects? Unless it's been in the tank dead for a prolonged period, I wouldn't feel the need to push for a water change. That said, what else is in the tank and did you notice any issues with this tetra beforehand?

zchauvin
07-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Sorry for your loss. I'm assuming you found and removed the dead tetra the same day rather than it having been decaying behind some plants or objects? Unless it's been in the tank dead for a prolonged period, I wouldn't feel the need to push for a water change. That said, what else is in the tank and did you notice any issues with this tetra beforehand?

Nah 0 issues and I have 6 discus and 7 other tetra plus 3 gbr and its a 75g. I also do about 15g everyday when syphoning poo and stuff

David Rose
07-21-2011, 04:02 PM
You should be fine. I would just monitor a little more closely to be on the safe side for a week.

zchauvin
07-21-2011, 04:18 PM
You should be fine. I would just monitor a little more closely to be on the safe side for a week.
Ok thanks, will do.