PDA

View Full Version : Forum Downtime

Ryan
07-23-2011, 12:31 AM
Hello everyone,

I'd like to apologize for the downtime today. Our forum was compromised and it took about eight hours to get everything restored from yesterday's database backup. Thank you to Paul who stayed up late and helped me get the ball rolling on fixing it.

You will probably notice that any posts made on Friday 7/22 are gone. This is because the site was restored from a backup that was made the previous day. Unfortunately there is no way to get those posts back, so if you do not see something you posted, please re-post. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I'd like to say that there will not be any more downtime but I cannot know that for sure. If you notice anything strange, please feel free to contact me or use the Report Post button.

Thanks.

decula
07-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Ryan,

Big thanks to you and Paul. I know that had to be a bunch of stress and hard work,
THANK YOU.

dec

Skip
07-23-2011, 01:03 AM
wow.. that was crazy!

glad its taken care of..

i wish i was a GREYHAT>. i would track down those punks and make them pay!

Keith Perkins
07-23-2011, 03:35 AM
PM sent about PM screen change.

David Rose
07-23-2011, 06:20 AM
THANKS Ryan and Paul for your hard work in getting the site restored!

ericatdallas
07-23-2011, 07:57 AM
Anybody take credit for it? Any idea WHY they did it? Seems just malicious to attack a Fish forum. I'm not very sympathetic with hackers, but at least the ones with a political agenda have purpose. It's either someone that doesn't have a lot of skill so they go after benign targets or someone who is mad at the forum.

Keith Perkins
07-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Yes, the culprit has been identified. Apparently hacked off by all the pictures of delicious food that it just couldn't get to.

Obviously kidding, but a good opportunity to publicly thank Ryan and Paul. I have to admit, the test threads Paul posted while trying to fix things had me a bit baffled. Thanks again guys.

Disgirl
07-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Thank you Ryan and Paul, job well done!!
Barb

pcsb23
07-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Appreciate everyones thanks as I'm sure Ryan does too, but
... I have to admit, the test threads Paul posted while trying to fix things had me a bit baffled. ... Had me baffled for a while too, many were not actually me ....

LizStreithorst
07-23-2011, 09:20 AM
It's good to have you back to being comfortably numb, Paul.

jimg
07-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks for all you time and knowledge guys!!!

Skip
07-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Anybody take credit for it? Any idea WHY they did it? Seems just malicious to attack a Fish forum. I'm not very sympathetic with hackers, but at least the ones with a political agenda have purpose. It's either someone that doesn't have a lot of skill so they go after benign targets or someone who is mad at the forum.
i think they could have done a lot worse.. they were just playing around.. i do it.. on secure wifi LOL>. people put easy passwords sometimes.. so its just a game.. its a game i wish i could play :)

Obviously kidding, but a good opportunity to publicly thank Ryan and Paul. I have to admit, the test threads Paul posted while trying to fix things had me a bit baffled. Thanks again guys.

i think the "OWNED" part in his signature was the Tell Tell Sign it was not paul.. that is internet lingo.. LOL

calihawker
07-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Thank you guys for keeping this forum up and running!
And thanks Keith for that pic, its now my wife's wallpaper!

Steve

ZX10R
07-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Thanks for your hard work on this problem you guys!!!! I seen yesterday a thread called "brewtest" when I scrolled over it the thread said "you need to update your bulletin software you were just hacked by a 17 yr old and your system password wasn't hard to crack either have a nice day" then shortly after that the forum was shut down. Guess the kid was borred but scary if it was a 17 yr old having that much knowledge to be hacking a forum.

richgrenfell
07-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Appreciate everyones thanks as I'm sure Ryan does too, butHad me baffled for a while too, many were not actually me ....

And it showed too! I saw that one that said "wassaaap!" and thought to myself; that was not Paul! LOL!

Skip
07-23-2011, 11:28 AM
al must had the password as "1 2 3 4" LOL

DLock3d
07-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Skip, SHUT UP, you're giving away my secrets. Now I have to change it back to "guest"!

Second Hand Pat
07-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Ryan and Paul, thanks for restoring simply so quickly. I could not get my fix yesterday. Paul, I did see one of the hacked threads and your last post saying we have been hacked. I hope Al got unbanned.

johnnathan
07-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Thank Ryan and Paul... great work for quick restore..

davidlowrance48
12-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Don't worry we understand this, I'll hope after the downtime the site will go far away and everybody want to be part of these site.

Buy the way thanks for give a information's about this.

Thank you again