PDA

View Full Version : Little guy is getting picked

gabloo
07-26-2011, 05:45 PM
I have read from different posts on how one of their discus is getting picked by group but my group is little different. I recently purchased 2 discus one about 4.5 " and smaller one 3.5". Since the first day, my small guy is getting picked by one of my albino discus. Only him is picking on my little guy. I thought if i have a nice group, aggression will spread.I don't think he gets to eat as much as he wanted to cuz as soon as he started eating, my albino will chase him all over the place. Is it normal at all? I m thinking about putting just him in 20 g tank and raise him till he reach about the same size as other. What do u guys think? Will he be ok in 20g tank alone? Comments and inputs are always welcome

Skip
07-26-2011, 05:54 PM
you just added a fish... they are sorting out pecking order.. it goes away.. if you pull him out.. they will still bully some other fish.. thats just the way it is.. the little guy is going to take one for team

gabloo
07-26-2011, 07:13 PM
What i m worry is, my little guy will never catch up his size with others. Also, there is not very serious aggression in my group expect albino and my little guy. He only pick on that guy not others. Do u recommend pull him out? Will there be issue if i do that? I want him to grow out very nice, i love him :P

Skip
07-26-2011, 08:13 PM
He wont grow.. That is his role... He will probably be stunted... But then if u pull him out.. The next fish is now on bottom... So u will have 2 stunted fish.. So in and so on.. he is the sacrifice for thr growth if the others

gabloo
07-26-2011, 09:02 PM
May be the way i said it is wrong. I got that little guy less than 3 days from kenny. I am pretty sure he is not stunned. I bought him pretty small cuz its fit my budget. So, back to my question, can i put them in 20g tank just by himself and raise him?

Skip
07-26-2011, 09:04 PM
yes..

Sean Buehrle
07-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Drop food in separate parts of the tank, not just one spot.
Happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk