PDA

View Full Version : RO Units

kareen
07-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi All, I Need some help on geting a RO Unit I need to find out what size i will need.I have a 50gal stage tank for the RO water I have to two 40 breeder tanks & two 29gal /two20gal . I do 50% water change a day so I need to now how much RO water do you add to the tank . my water is hard city water I play hell trying to keep my water ph low for them to breed . Thank you all for your help

Sean Buehrle
07-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi All, I Need some help on geting a RO Unit I need to find out what size i will need.I have a 50gal stage tank for the RO water I have to two 40 breeder tanks & two 29gal /two20gal . I do 50% water change a day so I need to now how much RO water do you add to the tank . my water is hard city water I play hell trying to keep my water ph low for them to breed . Thank you all for your help

Dont mess with your ph, just leave it as is out of the tap or your planned ro filter.

The only real reason to use an ro filter would be on a breeding tank to drop the TDS total dissolved solids to achieve better hatch rates,Which in some cases is not a bad thing to do.

Quit messing with your ph, it does more damage than good.

That's the answer everyone here is going to give you.

Good luck, post some pics of your fish if you get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kareen
07-31-2011, 06:27 PM
Thank you Seanbuehrle, I Have Two 125 Show Tanks and I use water straigh from the tap and my fish love it. Im sorry I for got to say this is for my Breeding Tanks and Iv Been useing Peat Nuggets but this is a pian Im just trying to find someing easier. This is way Im Thinking a RO Unit would be better. Thank you for any info you can give me .

Sean Buehrle
07-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Thank you Seanbuehrle, I Have Two 125 Show Tanks and I use water straigh from the tap and my fish love it. Im sorry I for got to say this is for my Breeding Tanks and Iv Been useing Peat Nuggets but this is a pian Im just trying to find someing easier. This is way Im Thinking a RO Unit would be better. Thank you for any info you can give me .

Yeah it doesn't hurt to soften your water,by lowering the tds with an ro filter. Just don't mess with the ph, leave it as is. You can quit using peat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith Perkins
07-31-2011, 07:31 PM
I got my unit from Elite Aquaria, a quick phone call to Dan would probably answer all your questions. pH is definitely a lot lower in RO water than tap, so besides lowering the TDS it will drop your pH too. I bought a 150 GPD unit not so much because it would make that much in a day, but because it would make the amount I might want in a given day quickly. It's also better to buy more than you think you need, because we all seem to end up with more tanks than we planned.

The_Finglonger
07-31-2011, 07:51 PM
I agree with everyone, get an RO, it'll help with your PH, but don't mess with chemicals to try to balance your PH. Aging your water for a day or too helps with the PH too.

I would recommend getting your RO from the filter guys biz. They have excellent customer service and ship fast.