PDA

View Full Version : ...To protect and serve...

Darrell Ward
08-05-2011, 04:21 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/07/29/1000224/-Mentally-Ill-Homeless-Man-Beaten-to-Death-by-Fullerton-Police?via=sidebyuserrec

Second Hand Pat
08-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Wow...how sad.

ramonfernandez
08-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Do you guys also think the same as me? Sometimes, I don't trust the cops. Even the traffic enforcers, though I'm not doing anything wrong, something is always behind my head telling me that something will go wrong if I cross paths with them. Strange...

Darrell Ward
08-10-2011, 04:41 PM
I think most cops are probably good people, but having said that, I have never been able to completely trust one either, and I'm over 50, and have never been a troublemaker.

Discus-n00b
08-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Always a few bad apples.

I always trust them. Maybe its because my brother is an officer, and I'll be following suit later this year. I really find it troubling y'all can't trust police officers.

terps
08-11-2011, 04:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2QZpQnp6CQ

AKRON AWOL
08-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Always a few bad apples.

I always trust them. Maybe its because my brother is an officer, and I'll be following suit later this year. I really find it troubling y'all can't trust police officers.

my brother in law was also a cop and i still dont trust them....too many dirty cops out there

Sean Buehrle
08-11-2011, 05:58 PM
The only problem I have with the police in this country is that they regularly violate a citizens constitutional rights. They do it because most people cannot afford a good lawyer to fight it. A good lawyer will cost you at the very least 10 k. People without money get a public defender who will plea you out in a lesser charge when unbeknownst to the citizen his rights were violated.

Don't believe me?

Ever heard of the term illegal search and siezure? Cops search cars every day without a warrant and arrest people for all kinds of stuff, drugs booze, weapons, you name it.

Now I know people that are doing these things shouldn't be doing it but still, it is illegal search and seizure, they have no right to do it . Unless you have a minimum 10 grand to take it to a higher court, you just got your rights violated and railroaded.

Cops are trained to be sneaky and shown how to break these rules.

It's hard to have respect,admiration and be thankful to an organization that basically breaks the law itself.

If I ever have to deal with a cop, the only thing they will hear from me is, talk to my lawyer.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discus-n00b
08-11-2011, 06:56 PM
I'll agree about the public defenders, they are about worthless and way overworked. However, you don't need a warrant for a car if you have probable cause/reasonable suspicion. IMO to many people think they have a bubble around them and think they can't be touched. They feel police are above the law, but want to be above the police themselves, so what does that make them? Cars are mobile, meaning they are not held to the same procedures as a warrant on a house because of exigent circumstances. This means a cop only has to have reasonable suspicion/probable cause to search a car. This could be as simple as you are making shifty movements while being stopped (reaching for the registration before you are asked for it) or jumping out of the car before the officer even gets out of his. Or they can have consent or bring a K9 out first. Either way you don't NEED warrant. A simple traffic violation is not enough for them to search you, but if you are doing something else along with that violation you could be subject to a search. If your behavior does not give them a reasonable suspicion, they have no reason to.

Cops are trained to have attention to detail, not be sneaky. What rules are they "trained" to break exactly?? Lawyering up is only if you are detained and questioned, won't help you much on a simple traffic stop, but I would agree.....its always good in detention situations and its not a sign of guilt.

Like I said, there are always bad apples. Sometimes its a good apple with a spur of the moment bad decision. But if that decision wasn't made one way or the other, he could of been the one dead.....you never know. Far to many people want to criticize when they've never been in a situation like that before.