PDA

View Full Version : discus breeder selling out

sonny
08-07-2011, 02:35 PM
tired breeder selling out,here is what i got,
12 breeding pairs,marlboro reds,fire reds,spotted lepards,icu browns,red tourquise,tangerines,scribbled tourquise
14 29 gallon tanks,all have metal stands,glass lids and sponges
265 gallon glass aquarium,wood stand,glass top,sponge filters,and around 30 discus,all sizes from 2" to 5
125 gallon glass ,wood stand,glass tops,sponges,10 adult marlboro reds
150 gallon glass,metal stand,glass tops,sponges,12 adult discus,variety,
2 90 gallon tanks 1 on wood,1 on metal,both have glass tops,sponges
5-55 gallon tanks,all have metal stands,glass lids,sponges
1 old 75 gallon tank,has the old chrome frame,no rust,glass tops metal stand,sponges(yes it holds water)
2 old chrome 15 gallon tanks.
couple tanks of fry.
most of my discus are 6" and larger
all my sponges are hydra sponges
all the tanks have new heaters,and i have a stockpile of around 20 heaters still in box(new)
4 cans of brine shrimp eggs(grade a)
lights and pumps,filters out the yeng-yang.
will send pics to interested parties,do not respond if not interested.
will not split-up.
$4000 cash only,no trades
859 525-8766

LizStreithorst
08-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I am responding although I ain't interested in the whole enchilada. It's a hell of a deal for someone who wants it and can PU. If it comes to the point where you have to break it up, I'm interested in the heaters (need to know what kind they are) and the Brine shrimp eggs.

ericatdallas
08-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Sonny, sad to see you go. Your fish got me started in the hobby. Even though I killed my first set from you, I appreciated you throwing in a few extras the second time I came to visit.

For those that haven't seen his setup (I would be shocked if anyone local hasn't since he is like one of only a handful of local breeders in the ohio area to sell discus), he has a lot of nice equipment and fish. I would pick it up in a second if I had that kind of room. I mentioned it to my wife and even she was game (as she was there both times we went to visit Sonny).

His largest tanks are amazing. If anyone in the local area is interested, I would be interested in splitting this with them and we can divvy up the work and equipment. I think I might need at least two-three interested partners as I can't absorb that much equipment. PM me and I can work out an agreement with you.

Scott293
08-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Sonny, sad to see you go. Your fish got me started in the hobby. Even though I killed my first set from you, I appreciated you throwing in a few extras the second time I came to visit.

For those that haven't seen his setup (I would be shocked if anyone local hasn't since he is like one of only a handful of local breeders in the ohio area to sell discus), he has a lot of nice equipment and fish. I would pick it up in a second if I had that kind of room. I mentioned it to my wife and even she was game (as she was there both times we went to visit Sonny).

His largest tanks are amazing. If anyone in the local area is interested, I would be interested in splitting this with them and we can divvy up the work and equipment. I think I might need at least two-three interested partners as I can't absorb that much equipment. PM me and I can work out an agreement with you.

+1, I too have visited Sonny and purchased his fish with my wife. We hate to see Sonny stop breeding. There are not many breeders around and shipping fish is so expensive. It's been nice to go see Sonny's fish and chat about discus. He has taught me a few things. I just don't think I have the time to take it on that big.

Chunks
08-07-2011, 11:09 PM
That's sounds like an unbelievable deal. I would love a setup like that, I don't think there's a chance it will happen in Australia.

Hnguyend83
08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Geez i knew this was coming. The last time i visited him he got alot going on with family. I would love to have his 265g, it one big tank. I will still calling you for advices sonny.

rdub
08-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Did you sell? Any fish left?

ZX10R
08-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I am sorry Sonny I never got the chance to meet you after we talked on the phone several times. If you decide to split some of this up let me know I might take some of it off your hands. Good luck with the sale hate to see you go.

sonny
08-22-2011, 08:11 PM
still have it all,the pairs are really starting to spawn,if i dont sell soon,looks like im back.

sonny
08-24-2011, 05:04 AM
come-on people,you buy all the discus ,13 pairs,25 outher adults and i dont know how many juvies,,your getting all the tanks for free,including a new ro unit and 55 gallon tank with stand i make water in.

Sean Buehrle
08-24-2011, 06:10 AM
Sonny
Have you tried eBay ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TURQ64
08-24-2011, 07:27 AM
come-on people,you buy all the discus ,13 pairs,25 outher adults and i dont know how many juvies,,your getting all the tanks for free,including a new ro unit and 55 gallon tank with stand i make water in.
I'll be in KY for the next two weeks..Maybe I can free up a day for a drive over and give a look....I'll be near Paducah....Gary

sonny
08-24-2011, 04:17 PM
sounds good.

rdub
08-25-2011, 01:26 AM
What about pics of the discus?

Are you considering selling the discus separately yet?

Jeff_Hart
08-29-2011, 11:31 AM
I am getting my breeding operation back up and running, I am interested in all

sonny
08-29-2011, 05:17 PM
jeff,
sent pics,not to good at taking them,any questions call me at 859 525-8766

sonny
09-01-2011, 05:23 PM
all sold,thanks to those who replied.

LizStreithorst
09-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Good for both of you. It was a great deal.

Scott293
09-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Wow! Can't believe you really sold it all Sonny. Now I guess you guys have the job of moving it all. If you need help give me a call 513-205-6142. I'm only 15 minutes away. I called and left you a message Sonny. And Jeff if it's you who purchased it all that offer is for you too or whomever. I know that is going to be a job with so many tanks, and some monster tanks. At 51 the back is not what it used to be, but I still say those kids can't keep up with me. So anyway just give me a call and I'll be there. Not asking for anything in return.