PDA

View Full Version : Sick discus?

blesser13
08-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

Hello

I have a small discus about 2.5 inch. I noticed that his breathing doesn’t look normal and his gills are very red, 1 side look more swell. He is dark also, he eat only FBW. At the feeding time he go hide. This started since 1 week, other 4 discus are fine, eat normally, healthy. 2 discus are about 4 inch and 2 others 3 inch.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

breathing doesn’t look normal and his gills are very red, 1 side look more swell. He is dark also, hide during the feeding time

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
No treatments yet, because he eat FBW but i have to feed him where he hide whit my fingers. Otherwise he don't eat

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

tank about 4 months old (Used already cycled filtration 1 year old and old water from a old tank 15 gallons), 55 gallons, 5 discus , the sick one is about 2.5 inch. I have 20 tetras cardinals all healthy

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

Water change every 2 days 30%. Tank well planted with drift wood . I use a Eheim 2217 for my 55 gallons

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _____86F

- ph _____ 7.0

- ammonia reading ____0ppm

- nitrite reading ____0ppm

- nitrate reading ____5ppm

- well water ____

- municipal water ____neutral

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

Yes, i added 2 new discus, but the sick fish already had symptoms before. The news discus are very healthy

I have a 15 gallons tank low light with drift wood, ready for him. I am just not sure if moving him its a good idea

TURQ64
08-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Hello..please fill this out completely, and someone will give it a look...Gary
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete