PDA

View Full Version : Rain Forest Intl.

BobB
08-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Is Rain Forest Intl. a reputable dealer?

ericatdallas
08-13-2011, 10:22 PM
<sigh> No...
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?84133-please-do-not-buy-discus-from-rainforest-international
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?85634-Rainforest-Farms-International

Do a Google search or forum search and you'll find more.
http://www.google.com/search?q=rain+forest+international+site%3Asimplydi scus.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Skip
08-13-2011, 10:54 PM

No

ericatdallas
08-13-2011, 11:16 PM
What I don't understand is how he can charge higher rates than the sponsors on here and still not send better fish? At some of the prices he charges, he could take the order, have Hans, Mike, Kenny, etc drop ship it, and still make a slight profit.

At least the other not very reputable site that pops up (who I won't name) sells really cheap fish that arrive in poor quality (so you should know to expect it).

I'm so glad I found this site (while checking out the rep of a local breeder) before I bought.

BobB
08-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks, I think I heard about them before but I figure I would check!

Bud Smith
08-14-2011, 07:36 AM

I had experience with them - you do not want to go there

TURQ64
08-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Check them in the product review section...On the same tack, I'd steer a wide course around Somethingsphishy, and Discusmadness....JMO

Islesfan
08-14-2011, 02:00 PM
With all the great breeders and sellers who are sponors of this site, is there really ever a reason to go elsewhere?

Skip
08-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Some newbies just google discus... And these guys pop up.. They would have no reason to think otherwise... Shame

jimg
08-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks to them some of us gained a lot of knowledge treating bad fish!!!

Jhhnn
08-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Having a flashy web presence is not an indicator of integrity, sad to say. Even people who attempt due diligence are often exploited.

I count myself as extremely fortunate to have found Simply when I wanted to come back to discus over 2 years ago. I want to thank Al for creating and maintaining the site & its integrity, and also all the long time enthusiasts who contribute to the knowledge base. There's nothing else quite like it.

Buying discus? Play it smart- go with one of our sponsors. I chose Kenny Cheung, and I can't say enough nice things about him. We've had some dud sponsors, it's true, but Al's integrity & the feedback loop from members insures they won't last. Any vendor who lacks the endorsements of Simply members is a vendor to avoid, period, particularly for beginners.

Well, that's the way I see it, anyway.

Jhhnn
08-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Having a flashy web presence is not an indicator of integrity, sad to say. Even people who attempt due diligence are often exploited.

I count myself as extremely fortunate to have found Simply when I wanted to come back to discus over 2 years ago. I want to thank Al for creating and maintaining the site & its integrity, and also all the long time enthusiasts who contribute to the knowledge base. There's nothing else quite like it.

Buying discus? Play it smart- go with one of our sponsors. I chose Kenny Cheung, and I can't say enough nice things about him. We've had some dud sponsors, it's true, but Al's integrity & the feedback loop from members insures they won't last. Any vendor who lacks the endorsements of Simply members is a vendor to avoid, period, particularly for beginners.

Well, that's the way I see it, anyway.

tomcat33x
08-28-2011, 02:27 PM
The reason I'm a member here is due to RFI. If you like sick fish and the wrong fish, then I whole-heartedly recommend RFI. Thanks to the info here on Simply, I was able to save all of them. Unfortunately, I have a bunch of discus, that I didn't order. I typed in my search engine, "discus fish for sale", RFI and others with not so good reputations are the top sites that appear. I assumed that they were reputable and I got burned. I learned of SD after it was too late, consider yourself lucky and take the advice of others on here and buy from a sponsor. I have not bought from a sponsor yet, but I plan on it around Christmas when I feel my QT and my 75g are safe from the disease RFI sent me. Good luck!!

warblad79
08-28-2011, 04:00 PM
why punish yourself, just buy from SD sponsor. I would highly recommend kenny Cheung from my experience or other sponsor.

kyaw06
08-29-2011, 03:24 PM
[That's true,buy from Kenny Cheung or other SD sponsor.U buy 3" discus from them,they'll grow and breed.QUOTE=warblad79;796241]why punish yourself, just buy from SD sponsor. I would highly recommend kenny Cheung from my experience or other sponsor.[/QUOTE]

BobB
08-29-2011, 10:27 PM
That is why I check things out on this board. Thought shalt not buy without checking with Simply Discus!