PDA

View Full Version : Pleco

Bud Smith
08-14-2011, 05:51 AM
Could use some advise - I used to keep plecos in my angel tanks but not in my discus tank yet - what pleco would work best to clean alage off of my mananzita wood ?

PAR23
08-14-2011, 06:28 AM
I have BN plecos, they do well with discus

Bud Smith
08-14-2011, 06:53 AM
I have heard were some people like certain bristle nose better then others - is that because some BN do a better job cleaing brown alage or does adult size play a part?
Or just preference

3dees
08-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I just gave away my bn pleco. it was great while small but at adult size it only ate the discus food and crapped more than all the discus combined.

ericatdallas
08-14-2011, 01:06 PM
I switched to new plecos (L129s) because of their look and the fact they do well on high protein diets (like discus). I was warned not to feed them BH mix too often. Also, on one of the pleco forums they said they do better on a few big meals versus many small meals. I feed discus small and frequently, so we'll see how that turns out.

I also bought some BNPs but they were too small for my discus. I stuck two of them in there last night to see how they would do. They're about the size of a large neon tetra so they could conceivably become snacks.

Bud Smith
08-14-2011, 01:19 PM
I just gave away my bn pleco. it was great while small but at adult size it only ate the discus food and crapped more than all the discus combined.

When I had my angels tanks that is what happened to me - that is one reason why I was interested to see if anybody had that same problem in a discus tank