PDA

View Full Version : Sick Discus?

Ezekiel
08-17-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm not even sure if my Discus is sick but here it goes...

I've had this fish since it was two months old. It is now almost 3 years old. He's around 5.5" or so. For the last six months he appears to be a little thined out - not a lot like he's famished but enough for me to notice it. He eats regularly and poops look normal. I got rid of all my Discus except for him and a female. Two other discus were also thined out really bad. I treated my tank with medications that were suited for internal parasites and worms. I believe I treated the tank on three seperate occasions.

My fish shows no signs of heavy breathing, closed gills, one gill not working, discoloration, itching, eratic swimming, or pretty much any other symptom that one would look for - fish behaves same as usual since I've had him.

He used to have a full body prior to six months ago.

Should I just chalk it up to it is what it is? I don't have a microscope so that's out. I've treated with three medications that are typically recomended by the veterans here but no change.

PAR23
08-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Just curious what meds did you use--dose and duration

jimg
08-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Just curious what meds did you use--dose and duration
+1 this helps too http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete

Ezekiel
08-18-2011, 01:18 PM
ooooh. I forgot what meds I used.

The fish is ok in terms of a normal behaving Discus. It's been six months and no changes except for what I feel is some loss of fill on the body. Guess I'll just keep an eye on him.

jimg
08-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Fish eating but getting skinny could be worms. get fenbendazole flakes.