PDA

View Full Version : agression difference between strains?

walt3
09-01-2011, 04:56 PM
just thought i would ask because my 3 browns seem much more feisty than my 3 turq and snakeskins. it is very apparent so i wasnt sure if anyone else has noticed a difference depending on the type of discus? kinda makes me think i should have got all turqs and snakes. i got the 3 browns because i really wanted some discus that looked more "wild". my lfs has lots of candy colors but i really love the look of the wild discus with there slightly less flambouant coloring. i figured i would play it safe and get 1/2 and 1/2. these are young fish less than a baseball including fins. just curious.:) walt.

Discus Origins
09-02-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't think there are strain specific aggression that you can pin down to a rule. All groups are going to sort out a pecking order, once that's done the tank will settle and not fight as much. In general I found domestics to be more harsh, but then I've got several tanks of wilds that fought like crazy until they figured out who was the bosses.

Just give it time they will figure it out and settle down. Now, if pairing activity starts you can throw all that out the window lol

walt3
09-02-2011, 02:35 PM
thanks. :)