PDA

View Full Version : whats your set up for relaxed viewing of your fish?

walt3
09-03-2011, 08:24 PM
ive got my 75 planted discus tank set up on top of a bar cut out in my basement. the tank sits on a platform i constructed that puts the bottom of tank 46" high for great viewing. no bending down to look. i have a couch set up perpendicular in front of the tank. 2 recessed light above the tank can be dimmed to get there day started slow and evening end mellow. in addition to the tank light of coarse. i can lounge out on the couch and just relax and space out at my mini - amazon world i have tried to create. :) sometimes i need to remind myself to stop working on tweaking the tank and just sit still and look! lol. i love this hobby. whats your setup? walt.

zman78
09-03-2011, 09:31 PM
any photos??

walt3
09-03-2011, 11:28 PM
i keep having trouble uploading. ill try tomorrow at somepoint.

Larry Bugg
09-04-2011, 09:25 AM
25 tanks/1300 gallons. By the time I have finished doing water changes there isn't a whole lot of time to sit. Changing water and cleaning is a stress buster and relaxer for me most of the time. The basement is unfinished and I have a old office chair that I sit in occasionally and I can roll around and look at the different tanks. I also have a couple of kitchen step stools I can sit on. Thats as fancy as it gets.

YSS
09-04-2011, 09:34 AM
I have three display tanks in my family room on the main level where I spend majority of my time in the house. There are enough chairs and couches in the room, I can sit anywhere and watch any of my tanks easily. I love just watching my fish, but often, I don't get to sit for 10 minutes to enjoy my tanks.

scottthomas
09-04-2011, 01:04 PM
25 tanks/1300 gallons. By the time I have finished doing water changes there isn't a whole lot of time to sit. Changing water and cleaning is a stress buster and relaxer for me most of the time. The basement is unfinished and I have a old office chair that I sit in occasionally and I can roll around and look at the different tanks. I also have a couple of kitchen step stools I can sit on. Thats as fancy as it gets.

+1 I have about 1000 gallons and not much time to sit back and relax. But, I too find enjoyment in caring for all my fish or I would not have a fishroom. I do have a small planted tank in my bedroom. Thats the one I just sit and watch sometimes.

Ciddian
09-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I have a 90 gallon and a 75 on the bottom but no awesome sitting spots to view. :( I tend to just hang out on the floor with my daughter and watch the fish :)

walt3
09-04-2011, 05:59 PM
i too sit on the basement floor with my daughter and watch the tank as we play tea party. :) walt.

Stag
09-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Can you guess what side of the tank I feed my fish on:confused:
+1 for a tall stand!

Bud Smith
09-05-2011, 02:24 PM
I have my 75 display tank sitting on a recessed built in storage area on one side of my fireplace in the living room - I have complete viewing of the tank from the other end of the room where the furniture is - we totally enjoy it because we can view the tank while we are watching TV which is mounted above the fireplace mantle