PDA

View Full Version : Amazon.com Rant

brewmaster15
09-06-2011, 12:03 PM
So I bought some filters on Amazon last week and they arrived trashed...I had paid with my debit card. I filled a claim online and did as they instructed with the mail back and RGA #. They said they'd notify me within 3 days of recieving the return....which they did by email and said to look for another email regarding my refund. so they did..
.Refunds typically complete within 10 business days and appear as a
credit on your statement. up to 10 Business days for a refund drawn on a debit card? I sure hope thats the high end...I'm going to be royally PO'd if its not.

and the kicker...
The letter is signed..

Sincerely,

Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company

Customer-centric? I missed that one.

-al

Not trying to be a whiner here....but I have dealt with many online businesses and this one definetly takes the cake for red tape and refunds. Any one else have any issues good or bad with Amazon...generally I have found them to be good as a source for things, but I am not too pleased with their refund policy.

amazons stated policies...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=15015711

Bud Smith
09-06-2011, 12:15 PM
I buy alot of filters from Amazon and have never had a problem so I can not really speak about the return policy

richgrenfell
09-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Neither can I. I've never had any issues buying from amazon.

Second Hand Pat
09-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Al, always had great experience with Amazon but never had to deal with the refund process.

terps
09-06-2011, 12:31 PM
I love shopping at Amazon. I've never had to return anything. The only thing I don't like is how the prices on items can vary from day to day. So you have to watch your item for a few weeks to see what the lowest price will be. Amazon is very competitive. They usually have the lowest prices.