PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all

Scot
09-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Hello all,
I'd like to take the time to thank you for all the good info on how to keep discus happy and healthy. I just bought my first discus a red pigeon blood from a local distributor of Hans discus, It's been a long haul getting my newest tank cycled and ready. Today I am finally a discus owner.

125 gal.
1) red pigeon blood discus
misc. red cardnals

zimmjeff
09-11-2011, 07:26 PM
now you will need more. congrats.

strawberryblonde
09-11-2011, 08:08 PM
This is how it starts.... one little discus fishie, and then ya just gotta get a couple more to keep him company, and then you realize that there's this PERFECTLY colored one available from one of the sponsors and it would look so cool in your tank. And then a forum member posts his collection of awesome reds, and you just "have" to get some of those! A couple months goes by and someone posts tank pics of their wilds, and you realize that nothing will satisfy you except to have a biotope tank full of gorgeous wilds.

Welcome to the forums! You'll slowly go broke here, but you do it with a smile on your face. =)

walt3
09-11-2011, 08:39 PM
i would suggest getting at least 5 more as soon as possible so that single discus isnt feeling alone in that giant 125! im jealous! rolling solo is not how hes wired... good luck. walt.

Dieselfool
09-11-2011, 09:20 PM
We demand pics!!!!!! LOL. Congrats.

Scot
09-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Thank you all for your replies the LFS will have in some freinds for him come Friday. I'm planning a school of 6 to start. The snake skin and scribbles should round out the tank nicely and a few more next month. See attched two pics bear in mind hes shy and all alone he is eating blood worms still a juvinile but I think he will grow out with a good pattern.
Scot

ManCityUK
09-13-2011, 07:20 PM
congrats but I would buy some tank mates asap as peppering is a sign of stress or poor genes (as I don't know your importer I will lead on the stress side), make sure you run full QT process with new fish and Just remember look after your water and your Discus will look after themselves,
Good luck.

Scot
09-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Hello all,
Got some new arrivals today for my tank. I recognize the blue diamond 5", I'm guessing the 6" is a snakeskin blue and the dark 4" is a blue turk. Also got a 10" black ghost knife, a 4" marlboro red, and a 4" red pigeon blood.
Scot