PDA

View Full Version : THE OFFICIAL TEXAS SHERIFF EXAM

John_Nicholson
09-16-2011, 04:00 PM
THE OFFICIAL TEXAS SHERIFF EXAM

A young Texan grew up wanting to be a lawman. He grew up big, 6' 2'',
strong as a longhorn, and fast as a mustang.
He could shoot a bottle cap tossed in the air at 40 paces.
When he finally came of age, he applied to where he had only dreamed of
working: the West Texas Sheriff''s Department. After a series of tests and
interviews, the Chief Deputy finally called him into his office for the
young man's last interview.

The Chief Deputy said, "You're a big strong kid and you can really shoot.
So far your qualifications all look good, but we have what you might call an
attitude suitability test' that you must take before you can be accepted. We
just don 't let anyone carry our badge, son."

Then, sliding a service pistol and a box of ammo across the desk,
the Chief said, "Take this pistol and go out and shoot:
six illegal aliens,
six lawyers,
six meth dealers,
six Muslim extremists,
six Democrats,
and a rabbit."
"Why the rabbit?" queried the applicant.
"Great attitude. You pass." said the Chief Deputy.
"When can you start?"

Lenin
09-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Not funny

dadecountyalan
09-16-2011, 04:28 PM
haha i found it funny

yim11
09-16-2011, 04:36 PM
We've got to get John some fish STAT.

Sean Buehrle
09-16-2011, 04:39 PM
LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottthomas
09-16-2011, 04:47 PM
:)

John_Nicholson
09-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Ya'll know that's funny....and if you don't I will make sure you are not one of the 6.....

-john

Darrell Ward
09-16-2011, 06:15 PM
So, I guess you have to be an angry redneck? LOL!

Second Hand Pat
09-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Oh well John...you tried :)

nwehrman
09-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Lol

jlcoop277
09-16-2011, 07:43 PM
I was wondering why the rabbit also. :)

jimg
09-16-2011, 07:53 PM
are we allowed to add to that list? ha! ha!

Skip
09-16-2011, 08:40 PM
LOL>> no kidding.. why the rabbit?! :(

brewmaster15
09-17-2011, 10:26 AM
John,
I'm not keen on these kinds of jokes on the forum as I usually get a pm box full of complaints (already have on this one) and given the state of politics today, more fire isn't needed.....but in the spirit of trying to recognize the humor in your joke , I did some digging and I found the perfect Gun for that Deputy Chief and those of a similar disposition.

-al

John_Nicholson
09-17-2011, 12:14 PM
No problem Al and I like the gun. As far as people with complaints...well you know my thoughts on that. People that can't take a joke need to get a life. If they take offense then that is on them not me. In most of the world we all have certain rights but I know of no where where someone has the right to not ever be offended. All I can say is to grow up. If this is the biggest issue in their lives they are doing pretty good. If they feel motivated to do something then go volunteer at a homeless shelter, provide food for a needed family, be a big brother or sister to a less fortuate child. and if that all fails to satisfy then maybe go bur some books......

-john

scottthomas
09-17-2011, 12:32 PM
In most of the world we all have certain rights but I know of no where where someone has the right to not ever be offended. All I can say is to grow up. If this is the biggest issue in their lives they are doing pretty good.

Amen to that- People are hyper sensitive... it is a joke people.

This one shouldnt offend anyone but it wont suprise me if it did. Hope you dont mind me stepping on your post. I like jokes

An elderly man is stopped by the police around 2am and is asked where he is going at this time of night.
The man replies, "I am on my way to a lecture about alcohol abuse and the effects it has on the human body, as well as smoking and staying out late."
The officer then asks, "Really? Who is giving that lecture at this time of night?"
The man replies, "That would be my wife."

Skip
09-17-2011, 12:57 PM
the EAST TEXAS sheriff Exam.. would be AWHOLE LOT different.. uh John?! LOL

roclement
09-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Being that I am an immigrant Latino and a sometimes Democrat...I take no offense at all with Johns post, a joke is a joke...get over yourselves! I feel bad for the rabbit! :)

Rodrigo

John_Nicholson
09-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Cool me get to shot Rod twice....LOL.

-john

Scribbles
09-19-2011, 03:37 PM
LOL Thanks John, I really needed a laugh.

Chris

korbi_doc
09-19-2011, 04:47 PM
:grin: Yep! funny, just don't shoot the rabbit!

Dottie

mmorris
09-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Incredibly offensive.

Skip
09-24-2011, 12:35 AM
Incredibly offensive.

:crazy::bounce:

John_Nicholson
09-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Incredibly offensive.

Thanks.

-john

roclement
09-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks.

-john

If someone can't take the joke, they shouldn't come to the playground...

Rodrigo

Bill63SG
09-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Incredibly offensive.Speaking of incredibly offensive,how are sex and cooked spinach the same?P.M. me for the punch-line.

Keith Perkins
09-24-2011, 02:47 PM
And all this time I thought this was a fish forum, lol.

mmorris
09-24-2011, 06:58 PM
If someone can't take the joke, they shouldn't come to the playground...

Rodrigo
It's a racist joke.

Skip
09-24-2011, 07:41 PM
It's a racist joke.

really!? i did not see a color reference of the rabbit.. ?

roclement
09-24-2011, 09:25 PM
It's a racist joke.

No it's not, it's a joke and someone from the human race would get it! Just assuming that Latinos or muslings are a different race as you just did is indeed racist...unless you are talking about the rabbit...are you infering that us, Latinos or anyone of a diferent religion other than yours, are a different race than you are? Very racist...I hope you don;t teach that in schooll...

Rodrigo

mmorris
09-24-2011, 11:32 PM
:huh:

Skip
09-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Deputy FOX
http://www.flixya.com/files-photo/b/h/a/bharathbobby2215316.jpg

Darrell Ward
09-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Well, everyone has an opinion, and an a**ho**!

ericatdallas
09-25-2011, 05:21 AM
It's a racist joke.

The only people that IMO that -should- be offended are Texans. The joke is more about the attitude of Texans and Texas law enforcement being racist or closed-minded than any thing else. Although, I've come to believe that nothing is safe and people get offended for just about any reason.

mmorris
09-25-2011, 08:19 AM
John has the legal right to spew messages of hate, and the rest of us have the moral responsibility to say it's not OK. Unforunately, this attitude can be found in all parts of the country, not just in Texas, and it will prevail so long as the silence of others allow it.

dadecountyalan
09-25-2011, 08:29 AM
John has the legal right to spew messages of hate, and the rest of us have the moral responsibility to say it's not OK. Unforunately, this attitude can be found in all parts of the country, not just in Texas, and it will prevail so long as the silence of others allow it.

its comments like this that turn people away from this forum. so serious and uptight. i am a latino and i laughed out loud when i read the joke. people have to live life and enjoy every second of it, not looking for the opportunity to deem something racist or negative to cause controversy . leave that job to the media there the best at it.

roclement
09-25-2011, 08:36 AM

John made a joke, you are making it a big deal...we all see it as funny, including the Latinos, Americans, muslins, and maybe even the rabbit...you see it as offensive...who has the prejudice point of view here? Prejudice and hatred are in peoples minds, in their actions, and in the intentions of their observations. Take a joke as a joke and move on.

Rodrigo

Sean Buehrle
09-25-2011, 09:27 AM
The only people I see that should be offended are the lawyers, LOL.

I think it's great when I watch tv and see Dave chapel capping on people, it's hillarious.

I think if you can't laugh at yourself and take things like this with a grain of salt, you are the one with a problem.

It's accepted comedy, get over it.

brewmaster15
09-25-2011, 09:29 AM
The only people that IMO that -should- be offended are Texans. The joke is more about the attitude of Texans and Texas law enforcement being racist or closed-minded than any thing else. Although, I've come to believe that nothing is safe and people get offended for just about any reason.
I agree with you Eric. The joke here isn't so much about shooting anyone..its a satire of the texas law system ....but said and done..Its a joke..and yet its been turned into another forum rant session. I understand that not everyone finds a joke amusing and some get offended by a joke...but this threads turning personal and needs to end.

This stuff gets old fast people...why not take it up with each other by PM.

regards,
al