PDA

View Full Version : Feeding times for community

Riversofmystery
09-22-2011, 03:43 PM
So I have been feeding my 4 juvies 4 angelfish and 2 bolivian rams 3 times a day. Flake foods and granules with an occasional treat of frozen blood worms. Is this frequent enough? The juvies are getting plenty of food when I feed them but maybe they need it more often? they are between 2.5 and 3 inches.
Thanks.

walt3
09-22-2011, 05:20 PM
when i am home im feeding my fish constantly. every 1-2 hours depending. i would rather feed alot and change water than under feed. they are about the size of a baseball plus. 6 in a 75 gallon with other fish.

Riversofmystery
09-22-2011, 05:24 PM
when i am home im feeding my fish constantly. every 1-2 hours depending. i would rather feed alot and change water than under feed. they are about the size of a baseball plus. 6 in a 75 gallon with other fish. I guess if i make sure most of it is eaten I wont have much of a pollution issue. anymore thoughts on this?

DonMD
09-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Small feedings several times a day is best. I have an Eheim auto feeder for 10 big fish in a 125 gallon tank. It dumps flakes 8 separate times per day, small amounts. When I get home I feed them 4 cubes of Al's freeze dried black worms. Minor daily vacuum and w/c. No problems. Everybody happy. I would add that it's good that your fish charge the front of the tank when they see you coming, begging for food. It's normal for them to be hungry.

Riversofmystery
09-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Alright sounds good im going to step up my feeding regiment. Thank you Don, Walt!

walt3
09-22-2011, 10:56 PM
i agree, i love when they charge the tank as i walk down the basement and they see me coming.:) makes me feel like there healthy if they have a good appetite. as mine get bigger i have the desire to start to remove decorative items to give them more room. it also makes the scale of fish to tank look better too. less stuff = more swimming space and less to vaccum around. :)

Riversofmystery
09-23-2011, 11:28 AM
I cant wait till my juvies grow up big and strong they had a big meal of FBW last night, they gorged themselves lol even the angelfish were full!

walt3
09-23-2011, 11:53 AM
pics?

Riversofmystery
09-23-2011, 11:55 AM
pics? Im trying but my crappy camera cant get it done :( Ill keep looking for a way to post pics, wish me luck! How do you make the pics smaller? there too big to upload?

walt3
09-24-2011, 04:02 PM
i open my pic in something like a office manager and there is a button for compressed image. it works for me.