PDA

View Full Version : 2nd spawn already!

Eclipes
10-01-2011, 03:11 AM
its only been 5 days an they spawned again this time in there own tank :)!

only about 90 eggs is this normal?

dpete9
10-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Well from the ones I have, the younger females will lay less eggs, more often (mine every 4-5 days) . As they get older they lay less often and larger clutches. Again, this is observations on my own fish I don't know how it works with others.

Scott293
10-02-2011, 09:26 AM
its only been 5 days an they spawned again this time in there own tank :)!

only about 90 eggs is this normal?

For some it is the norm. I have a pair that lay eggs every 5 days even if they are with wigglers. They will have attached free swimmers and laying eggs at the same time. I wish they wouldn't do that. The male thinks that the free swimmers should be stuck there in that clutch of eggs so he keeps catching them and blowing them into the news eggs in effort to make them stay there. Then he gets frustrated with these moving/swimming eggs and starts eating them. If I remove him then she will eat the eggs and raise the fry. And yes her spawns are small also, only about 50-75.

Eclipes
10-02-2011, 04:37 PM
well today woulda been 48 hours but i woke up an they were all gone... why are they eating there eggs I'm leaving the lights on the whole night..

Eclipes
10-02-2011, 05:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO8JEDJNtgQ theres a video of the spawn I had.

Scott293
10-02-2011, 07:10 PM
well today woulda been 48 hours but i woke up an they were all gone... why are they eating there eggs I'm leaving the lights on the whole night..

They may do that 20 times before they leave them, then they might eat the wigglers, then they might not attach, or they might eat the wigglers.... Just be patient they will get it right.

Eclipes
10-02-2011, 09:11 PM
ugh so how does anyone breed these fish successfully ?