PDA

View Full Version : Sick Juv/sub adult

birdyman23
10-04-2011, 06:30 PM
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started
Noticed fish not eating or interested in food and hiding in back. Usually all my fish are hungry and not shy.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

Dark off and on, not eating, some fin rubbing on plants but not excessively, lathargic. Was eating a little in display tank but not eating at all in hospital tank.

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

Started General Cure due to I have had gill flukes problems about 6 weeks ago.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

Have had fish with other 4 juv/subs for 10 weeks and one larger sub adult added 6 weeks ago after 2 week 10 day quarantine.

Fish range from 3-5 inches, tank is 55 gallon with 5 disccus, 2 rams and 5 cories

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

Tank Running for 4 months. Change 60% of water 2-3 times a week. Thin layer of sand, manzantia branches and a couple of plants.

HOB filter for 70 gallon and sponge filter

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp __85___

- ph __8___

- ammonia reading _0___

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading _0___

- well water _no___

- municipal water __yes__

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

not in the last 6 weeks

TURQ64
10-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Since you are already doing a round of general cure, which has Metro in it, I'd continue, and not worry about their eating until a full round of treatment, and hopefully success..something live might get their attention later...