PDA

View Full Version : Poly Clip System - Bag Clipper - bander

CODISCUS
10-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a used bag clipper. Getting tired of the rubberbands..

I'm looking for something simular to this: http://www.polyclip.com/konfigurator/m/en/SCD%20BV/

Mike B

TURQ64
10-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Darn! One went cheap last feb at an auction in Minneapolis; I'll sniff around, but I think a saltwater supplier got it....Gary

CODISCUS
10-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Darn! One went cheap last feb at an auction in Minneapolis; I'll sniff around, but I think a saltwater supplier got it....Gary

The ealy bird always gets the worm....

Mike B

BOBT00LS
10-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Did some looking Mike but came up empty so far. If I find anything I will let you know. If rubber bands are commonly used, why cant they just be substituted with nylon wire ties ?

Bob

moik
10-06-2011, 08:42 PM
USA ploy clip rep....1-800-949-2800...early bird gets the worm,but the second mouse gets the cheese....
The ealy bird always gets the worm....

Mike B

CODISCUS
10-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Did some looking Mike but came up empty so far. If I find anything I will let you know. If rubber bands are commonly used, why cant they just be substituted with nylon wire ties ?

Bob

Wire ties would probably work. I'm afraid to try it. Might be hard to get them tight enough to be leak proof.

Thanks Bob!! nice hearing from you..

Mike B

USA ploy clip rep....1-800-949-2800...early bird gets the worm,but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Vince,

Thanks for the info!! I was trying to locate a used one to save some $$. These things are in the thousands for new.

Mike B

moik
10-07-2011, 02:24 PM
thousands of dollars??? seriously??? tried ot help..I can see why your looking for used..you can buy a zip tie tension gun..it looks like a gun and you squeeze the handle to tighten the zip tie up tight..one thing I would wonder,,if use a zip tie and cut the tag end off,,will the sharp end left cut other bags..just a thought..

Chad Hughes
10-07-2011, 04:35 PM
I use zip ties and the tension gun. Works pretty well but is a bit more expensive than rubber bands. With the gun, the cut is clean. No sharp edges.

thousands of dollars??? seriously??? tried ot help..I can see why your looking for used..you can buy a zip tie tension gun..it looks like a gun and you squeeze the handle to tighten the zip tie up tight..one thing I would wonder,,if use a zip tie and cut the tag end off,,will the sharp end left cut other bags..just a thought..

Dkarc@Aol.com
10-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Mike, I have used this in the past:

http://www.tippertie.com/en/products/packaging/table-clippers/thz400/

It is a manual system, rather than pneumatic. The only restriction is the throat is somewhat restricted to the physcial size/width and mil thickness that can be used. This is mostly due to the length of the clip being used if I recall. Contact them and talk to them about your needs. Tippertie is another great manufacturer of bag clippers.

-Ryan

Discus-Hans
10-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a used bag clipper. Getting tired of the rubberbands..

I'm looking for something simular to this: http://www.polyclip.com/konfigurator/m/en/SCD%20BV/

Mike B

Ha ha ha ha Mike, the last thing I get tired off is putting rubber bands on bags, I can do this for hours lol lol I looked in those clipper things a few times but with the thicker bags we use, closing 2 bags with the same clip can be "risky"

So far only thing I really trust is the good old rubber bands and my own hands lol lol lol Painful on your fingers in the beginning but if they are like mine "protected" by callus piece of cake.

Hans