PDA

View Full Version : Redfish Magazine

YSS
10-16-2011, 11:34 AM
If you don't know already, I wanted to let everyone know a free online fish magazine called Redfish. In my opinion, it's very well done, good reading, and has tons of cool pictures. You gotta check it out. I've been reading since they started publishing and I just downloaded the 4th issue. There was an article on discus in one of their issues. Nothing earth shattering or insightful, but everyone here knows everything about discus already. :)

http://www.redfishmagazine.com.au/

Joe
10-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Nice magazine. Thanks for sharing!

JOE

Jess Redfish
11-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting the link, glad you like the magazine! Issue 5 will be out in a couple of weeks. If there's any topic you'd like to see covered in the magazine (Discus - I know, I know!) please let us know, we'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,
Jess from Redfish Magazine

plecocicho
11-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Culturing blackoworms, all the faq, maybe even a short test of blackworm set (starter culture, culture substrate, food,,) that i saw people were selling on both sides of the pond.
Also: oddballs, unique ideas about wc, filtration or any other aspect of our hobby and wild discus of course.

Jess Redfish
11-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Thanks for the great ideas plecocicho, I'll pass them on to our Editor. We do have an article in Issue 4 on oddballs (Ghost Knifefish, African Butterfly fish, Elephantnose fish), but as a lover of strange fish species myself I'll be happy to see us do more articles in the future on other oddities besides those three. Wild Discus....mmmm.... will have to look into that......

BTW, Issue 5 is out now so feel free to have a look, we have a big article on Central American cichlids and an amazing article by Mo Devlin on breeding Jaguar cichlids, very interesting read even if you don't keep them!

Cheers, Jess
from Redfish Magazine

Vee
11-17-2011, 07:47 AM
I just subscribed. Great magazine! I would love to see some articles on apistos (rams, Apistogramma agassizii, etc.). I am particularly interested in the care for the rarer types and what fish they can be housed with.

nwehrman
11-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Just subscribed also - and agree more info on apistogramma's. And simplifying maintenance in the fish room (info on how some large hobbyists maintain their fishrooms)

Vee
11-17-2011, 12:16 PM
+1