PDA

View Full Version : Looking for local breeders

TyGuy
10-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Hey guys, i'm new to this forum, but i've been on another for a while that more based out of australia. I am in need of US help though I must say! I am in search of a local breeder here in NY or maybe the surrounding states where I would be able to go "hand pick" my fish. I think i'd feel much better about it. I purchased my first two discus about 2 weeks ago and they're doing great...neither one of them are of great quality, in fact I would never use them for breeding, but it was my "test run" to make sure I was on the right track with everything. I hope you all might be able to help me some. Thanks!

Altum Nut
10-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Welcome to SD TyGuy,

By the looks of it...your near the border and only a couple hour drive to our own Evelyn. http://www.ottawadiscushouse.com/
Well worth checking out as she just got a new shipment in.

...Ralph

TyGuy
10-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Awesome, Maybe i'll make that trip soon. I just HATE the border crossing. But a wonderful idea and one i'll be considering for sure!

Moon
10-23-2011, 06:11 PM
I just got back from Evelyn's place today. She has a nice stock of discus. She had a shipment of 300 discus just out of QT. I would check her out. Ottawa is not too far from you.

TyGuy
10-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Is there any special procedure for bringing fish back across the border should I purchase any?

TURQ64
10-24-2011, 08:47 AM
No special reg's, but you know what traffic can be like on the bridge....lotsa waiting...

http://goldprospectors.org/forum/uploads/9489/RoyalistePEI_Avatar.jpg

TyGuy
10-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Depends on which bridge you use...if you use the Thousand Islands Bridge, yea, its FOREVER to wait to get across....but I shoot up towards odgensburg, NY and use that bridge...its much fast and the most vehicles i've ever had in front of me at one time was like 5. Haha...

TURQ64
10-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Gotcha...The thumbnail is how I've travelled back and forth from A-Bay to Ogdenburg, and Iroquois...Privateer Royaliste..no traffic, no waiting..hot and cold running rum..

TyGuy
10-25-2011, 08:59 PM
You travel through the area often?