PDA

View Full Version : Huge snake!

Darrell Ward
10-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Check this sucker out!....http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45083208/ns/us_news-environment/

Second Hand Pat
10-29-2011, 07:39 PM
That is a big snake and eating deer...no good. Human children next :(

Jennie
11-03-2011, 09:17 AM
thanks to idiots that release their pet reptiles loose..state needs to ban the sale of them as pets! yes, it spoils the hobby for responsible people but there are more irresponsible keepers than not!

richgrenfell
11-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Well, it is due in part to irresponsible keepers. However in 1992 a large snake breeding facility was destroyed by hurricane Andrew. The place was just a mile or two from the Everglades. This released hundreds of them all at once. I was involved in snake breeding at the time, and this was a huge national story. I'm pretty sure that one in the photo is an African Rock Python, not a Burmese. African Rocks tend to get more aggressive than Burmese Pythons.

brewmaster15
11-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I have photos somewhere I need to dig up and post of " Human mediated exotic releases" say what? I'll translate it...jerks letting go critters that don't belong in a habitat.

I was hiking a state forest in CT about 20 years ago and came across a dump in the fall. It was a pet dump.... someone had gone and " released " multiple snakes like pythons, monitor lizards, and iguanas into forest. These were most likely dead and dying already from malnutrition and care...but when I found them they were all dead, except one iguana that was feebly still alive, but died the next day. I took many photos and I reported to the DEP..

I can't believe that people could be so cold...there was no way in heck these critters could live here, and yet someone got tired of their pets and dumped them in the woods.

I wish I had come across these reptiles sooner.:(

-al

richgrenfell
11-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Wow Al, that really sucks!