PDA

View Full Version : Got my discus from Inland Empire Discus today.

Discus PB
11-02-2011, 06:01 PM
I ordered 4 and they all showed up looking really good. I got 4 Flamingo x Ica Red frys. I can't wait until they get their colors in!!!!!

TNT77
11-02-2011, 06:26 PM
I ordered 4 and they all showed up looking really good. I got 4 Flamingo x Ica Red frys. I can't wait until they get their colors in!!!!!
Pics? :)

Discus PB
11-02-2011, 06:43 PM
I will post some later tonight. I just got them into the tank. So I am going to leave them alone for the a while.

Discus PB
11-03-2011, 10:28 PM
All 5 of them were eating tonight. Never had that happen before after getting new discus.

chrisb01
11-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Congrats, that's great news. Waiting for pics.

Chunks
11-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Don't think I've seen that strain before looking forward to pics

Rummy
11-04-2011, 08:41 AM
What size are they? Can't wait to see pictures.

Anik

jimmyjoe
11-04-2011, 10:05 AM
I ordered 4 and they all showed up looking really good. I got 4 Flamingo x Ica Red frys. I can't wait until they get their colors in!!!!! That's a very interesting x can't wait for the pic's . Jim in Ohio

brewmaster15
11-04-2011, 11:40 AM
If that cross does what I think it may do and the ones you got are Brown based, be patient as they grow and color up.... you may get some fish that look extremely similar to San Merahs. :)

-al

Discus PB
11-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Photobucket must of crashed today. Then I just found my camera it was still packed from my bass tournament last month lol.Then I had to use image shack to get them posted.
I got three in this color.
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5411/p1010818h.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/p1010818h.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
Then two in this color
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8282/p1010817n.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/p1010817n.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
They should look really good when they get bigger. They are between 2.0 to 1.0 in size from my guess.
Bill hooked me up with a extra one. One jumped out and did a nose dive onto the floor when he was bagging them. He did a really nice job on the packing of them. Plus I got a small sample of his beef heart flake food :D.

Inland Empire Discus
11-04-2011, 08:35 PM
They look like they like your tank. Actually the other 2 should not look like the first pic. They should be solid red when mature where as the one in the first pic I do not believe will turn solid red when adult. Also if I am not mistaken that one has a blue eye and the others do not. Enjoy and show us pics once they grow.

Tapout_mma
11-05-2011, 11:10 AM
This is exactly what I hate to see in the Discus community...Horrific body shape on these Discus, the eyes are much larger than their head, and their growth is stunted...In other words they are culls or runts...Forget posting pictures when they so called "color up and grow" because they simply will not grow into healthy fish...I have been down this road many times!!...Crooked Crooked business.

Jason

brewmaster15
11-05-2011, 12:49 PM
This is exactly what I hate to see in the Discus community...Horrific body shape on these Discus, the eyes are much larger than their head, and their growth is stunted...In other words they are culls or runts...Forget posting pictures when they so called "color up and grow" because they simply will not grow into healthy fish...I have been down this road many times!!...Crooked Crooked business.
Jason Wow dude, you must be an expert to see all that from 2 pics where the fish are not even fully shown as a profile. Funny thing is, posts like yours are just what I hate to see in this Discus Community... My take on this for the little it is worth to opinionated "Pros" like you are...You can't possible tell that much from those 2 pics of juvenile discus that the Op has only had a few days.. To imply to the community that you can is Crooked IMO.
Regards,
Al

Discus PB
11-05-2011, 02:43 PM

Jason
You haven't seen these fish in person. Bill didn't rip me off and was not dishonest in any questions I asked or the handing of our transaction in anyway. They are a cross and will not have a set color pattern which I knew before I bought them and I could really care less. Then they are not stunted or unhealthy by any means.
So I don't really understand the point of your post. The only thing I can figure out is you and trying to discredit people that sell on here. So you can get people to buy from someone your connected to or buy from you.
I will post pictures as they grow to show people the progress of them as they get older and change. So don't bother looking at them or posting on the thread to bash them because nobody really cares what you think. If people are proud of the discus they raised. They should have a place to show them off without people bashing them. All that does is discourage people from posting pictures so none of us can see what they have achieved in this hobby.

P.S.
Bill (Inland Empire Discus) shouldn't have to come on here or any other sponsor to defend themselves from people that had nothing to do with a sale.

Sean Buehrle
11-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Those fish look fine to me as far as the eye to body ratio goes, they are youngins and have plenty of time to grow.
Lots a water changes:)

Have fun.

stephcps
11-05-2011, 04:35 PM
I think they are adorable!! Nothing like a baby discus!! Can't wait to see how they turn out for ya!!

gerrard00
11-06-2011, 12:10 PM
You haven't seen these fish in person. Bill didn't rip me off and was not dishonest in any questions I asked or the handing of our transaction in anyway. They are a cross and will not have a set color pattern which I knew before I bought them and I could really care less. Then they are not stunted or unhealthy by any means.
So I don't really understand the point of your post. The only thing I can figure out is you and trying to discredit people that sell on here. So you can get people to buy from someone your connected to or buy from you.
I will post pictures as they grow to show people the progress of them as they get older and change. So don't bother looking at them or posting on the thread to bash them because nobody really cares what you think. If people are proud of the discus they raised. They should have a place to show them off without people bashing them. All that does is discourage people from posting pictures so none of us can see what they have achieved in this hobby.

P.S.
Bill (Inland Empire Discus) shouldn't have to come on here or any other sponsor to defend themselves from people that had nothing to do with a sale.

Just think how much fun you'll have posting follow-up pictures after a year of good water and good food!

nc0gnet0
11-06-2011, 12:33 PM
These young juvies look perfectly fine to me at this stage. I would be curious to see how they turn out. Keep us posted.

Rick

Discus-Hans
11-06-2011, 12:33 PM

Jason

I think that's a BS remark, based on those pictures. It's always if you make a picture from back to front of the Discus, it look like the eye is way to big, if you look in the refection of first picture, I think they are okay for only 1"~2" Discus,

Hans

April
11-06-2011, 01:53 PM
The second pic looks good. You can already fit at least 5 eyes from top to bottom. Great for a young discus. Agree with Hans bad angle in the first pic.i find the best time to get pics of young fish is when they are swimming up high in the tank.
Even if they were terribly runted your harsh criticism is not the way to post on this forum. There's ways to post criticism in a polite manner.
It's all up to the caregiver on growth and quality. I'm sure they will turn into great fish .

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.275097,-122.835597

nc0gnet0
11-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Trying to use the eye to body ratio on such young fish to gauge quality is a mistake IMHO. Many varietys at this age have not yet developed thier round "discus" shape yet and their eyes are a bit more forward in the body giving the illusion of a stunted discus. I have seen this mistake several times here on the forums, however never worded quite as badly as this. These fish have a decent thickness to them at this age, a factor I think is much more important for discus at this age. Work on fattening them up even more, and they will grow to thier full potential.

Rick